Team Creative Design Studios and Aerosoft are very proud to announce the release of - Night Environment France with v2 Architecture and NEXM,
our long awaited project is now available; Over 4 years of cumulative development are expressed through this amazing production of France night environment,

more details available here and here

Installed perfectly, disk cost is about 3.395GB.

Looking good around Paris

paris1.jpg~original

paris2.jpg~original

paris3.jpg~original

Well done Chris and the team, I will have to start planning my invasion of France by night now!!

• Like 1

dl'ed and installed...what other French scenery do you recommend it is best used with please Chris? I have a couple of VFR France regional sceneries but nothing other than default for most of the country... Cheers K

let me ask our French guys; i believe there's almost full coverage PR (noncommercial)

i don't think anyone has France PR in one package; it has to be huge like 120-150gb easy

i had personally made a small PR for Paris area and Marseille

First quick impressions: (sorry no screenies yet)

• Looks great, especially the way you've managed to do the more rural parts without lights in places. :D  [i'm still getting the ground splash looking hugely not diffuse enough, but its not the same as in your screenshots so I need to play with my system as its probably something my end?]
  • The traffic looks awesome, I was wondering why I didn't have any until I realised I had the slider set far too low, so I whacked it up further than anything I've used before (because of performance hits) and hey presto lots of cars, and virtually no impact on FPS as far as I could determine!  Nice one guys!  The traffic does add a LOT at night..
  • When I had it with default it looked awful because the default night autogen textures are too bright, so it was difficult to distinguish between a NE light and a default autogen building at distance.  (I haven't used it with any of the autogen factory stuff you posted above, so I hope the textures used for that are much darker and more believable...)
  • All in all it looks very believable on a photoreal base, well done! :D
  • Like 1

Thank you Kevin, much appreciated!

to help get closer to what you see in our screenshot
under P3D you will get the same colors you see in our shoots if you turn off HDR and Tessellation
these seem to alter tones and aren’t mature enough at this point to fully depend on their output

HDR I can live without in fact it was off, but I need tesselation otherwise no lovely water effects, sorry Chris :(

I didnt realise tesselation had any effect on colorisation though, so I'll run it without as a test and see if it is that causing the difference, thanks!

Tessellation and HDR have nothing to do with wave effect!

Tessellation "makes up" the terrain mesh where you don’t have full data; it will randomly generate vertices to fill-in gaps, very similar to FSX Mesh Complexity slider + a new algorithm that make-up the vertices

High-dynamic-range imaging (HDRI or HDR) is a set of techniques used in imaging and photography to reproduce a greater dynamic range of luminosity than is possible with standard digital imaging

Chris you are right, turning tessellation off does indeed change the light splash colours! :O

I shall raise a thread on the LM forum regarding this - have you had any correspondence with the LM team about it already that I can refer to please? Cheers K

• Like 1

Thank you very much for confirming this Kevin :thum:

I know it’s been bothering you from day one; at least you see NE now with the right color tones :)

there have been several discussion’s with LM in regards to this issue

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/topic/issue-with-night-environment-possible-3rd-party-scenery-issue/

as i stated all along; these features are still being developed and are a bit unpredictable atm

they will mature very soon and become more stable with less unexpected anomalies

strangely enough this doesn’t happen on all GPU's!