I am in the process of downloading this, I am wondering if anyone uses this and your views or tips on a good setup. I am not really into combat flight but the base pack is free so I thought I would give it a go, there is always a lot in PCPilot about DCS.

Wayne

• Like 1

Wayne, I installed DCS World a couple of years ago because of their Huey (payware), which is excellent both in terms of model detail and animations as well as flight dynamics. However, I soon realised that DCS World is not strictly a flight sim sandbox. The missions are largely military as are the multi-player sessions. DCS's other fixed wing models - mostly military - are good, some free, too.

It's worth installing, but whether you'll get 'hooked' is debatable.

Just my six-penn'rth...

Cheers-Dai. :old-git:

Hi Wayne.

I have been looking at DCS and it is on my to do list.  It looks interesting and at some time I will get around to installing it.

However, right now I have many other things that need my attention so I wont be installing it right now.

I would be interested to see how you get on with it. I hope that you will give us updates here on what your experiences are and what you think of it.

I have installed it, it was a hefty download though, 11gb over night...first impressions are that it looks ok but I feel there is a lot of study to do, at this moment I dont have the time but its there now ready for when I do...not sure if it is something I will get into or whether it will be something I just dip in and out of when I need that type of flight....if I do I will post my findings..

Wayne