Pop up GPS ,etc. windows turn black when moved to second monitor

I am running Windows 7 and having trouble with pop up windows blacking out when moved to second monitor.  This is a new computer and the old Xp computer worked fine.  Both monitors have the desktop background on them and you can move other windows programs back and forth without blacking out. It only happens when I  go to menu, click on radio stack-gps- fmc-etc and they appear on primary display with no problem, but when I undock and move them to second monitor, boom they turn black.  Windows 7 has to work better than this, I just need someone to give me an idea of how to fix this problem.  The two monitors do not have the same resolution, but worked fine on XP with this configuration.  Thanks in advance.

Lewis Block

I have dissimilar monitors and am running Win 7 and don't have that problem. Pop-ups moved to the second monitor work fine. I know that doesn't help much but it appears that the problem is something specific to your setup.

John

I get this too. It happens with some planes and not others, and sometimes it clears up after a long while once set over to the other monitor, and once in a while undocking another one will "bump" the other into working again. Resizing an undocked window on the second monitor also causes them to black out...so, if you need to resize, do it on the first monitor first before moving it. I have no solutions sorry, just been dealin wit it. :(  The problem has been occurring less since installing the DX10 fixer, but still happens...so it may be related to a memory/cpu overloaded issue? (W.A.Guess...I have no idea how the gremlins do what they do in my computer).

Mine are, they are however in different "types" of slots. One is plugged into the HDMI (main monitor) the other is DVI-D. In my case, both are identical monitors at the same resolution, so don't think that his dissimilar monitors is 'our' issue.

I have had this problem.  There is a solution.  Size and place the black window as you would like it and then..... right click on the black..  Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt there it back to normal again!

• Like 1

Sometimes re-sizing will make it appear, but not every time.  Drivers are updated, two monitors on GeForce 780 card, and one on the motherboard.  Then took one off motherboard and added as a usb monitor which worked good on XP but not here.  Please keep coming ideas.  thanks

Lewis B

JG, moving boxes to 2nd monitor and right clicking in black box does not work.  Resizing sometimes makes it appear, but more times than not, doesn't work.

lewis block

Sorry that didn't work for you Lewis. It works every time for me.  There is one thing else that may be causing the issue.  What resolutions are your monitors running at? If they are very different this may be the problem. Try experimenting with resolutions and see what you get.  Don't forget to try the right click remedy for each experiment. :thum: 

• 7 months later...

I change to full screen  mode and the other monitors turn black and I can drag pop-ups to other monitors without undocking.  Been a long time figuring it out, but hope it helps someone else.  Thanks for responses and I love flight simming?????????

Lewis B.

• Like 1

Awesome Lewis. Glad you found a work around/fix that works for you.

I prefer to fly in windowed mode personally, as I switch between FSX and Active Sky Next to review the weather ahead...Full screen would require Alt/tabbing and that kind of Huge Screen Change, I would tend to think, would make my graphics card and cpu twinge while they are already running at full steam.

Cheers,

Happy flying!