Hi,

I'm searching for a modern Study GA Aircraft comparable to the Flight 1 Super King Air B200.

I've now spent many enjoyable hours learning the avionics in this superbly modelled machine and wonder if their is anything out there similar in complexity.

Thanks.

Cavok.

Have a look at Eaglesoft's Citation X. It is a Gorgeous plane, but it is a bit too complicated for my casual style unfortunately.

It takes me 30 minutes to get her ready to fly, and get the avionics programmed...I assume this means it is "well modeled". Hehe.

What kind of complexity are you looking for and could you be more specific in types of GA aircraft. There´s a big Difference between a pipe cub and a Cessna Citation X.

The A2A Piper cub, Cessnas and the Cherokee are all pretty complex and will need that you do things right, especially if you have failures on. Besides that, the one ones I have, the C172 and the Cherokee, flies really well when you have set them up correctly.

Thanks Matt and Anders for your comments.

I was pleased to have chosen The B200 10 seat Twin Turboprop as my first (one and only) Addon aircraft.

Its Avionics, systems and particularly the G1000 are so accurately modelled, with most switches and buttons working as they should. Also the outside modelling seems to be as good as it gets. 

So its these qualities I'm after in an aircraft up to this size. Prop or turbo,single or twin preferably with modern all weather avionics.

When I started I thought I'd go to PMDG with all the above qualities and more  but the tube liner flight deck is not for me just yet.

I will continue to learn and enjoy flying my B200 but something else with the same simulation depth would be nice to have too.

I'll look carefully at the aircraft you recommend.

Cavok.

• Like 1

CitationX certainly is missing props, turbo or otherwise...unless you wish to consider all those compressor blades as sort of a Ducted Fan arrangement :)

Majestic "MJC Dash 8Q 400" is my next suggestion if it's a prop/turbo prop you're after, and it's a helluva great airplane...again, usually too complex for my patience, but very very rewarding when I knuckle down and get all the switches flipped in the right order.

Well, I´m mostly into complexity in flight dynamics, thats why I said A2A products. They are complex in all aspects.

Another very nice little Turboprop liner is the PMDG BAE Jetstream 41. It may look a little dated on the outside compared to some of the more flashy competitors, but it really flies well, the buttons are all there, the VC is stunning and the FMC is pretty simple and easy to learn. 

I'm not going to recommend the product of any specific vendor, nor do I really know if there is a really top-notch, definitive FSX version for either.

However, two aircraft that you may find worthy of your attention are the Pilatus PC-12 and the Piaggio P180.

John

Hello Cavok and welcome to the forum. It's nice to see another Northener around these parts, I'm just down the road in Washington.

I support John's suggestion of the Pilatus PC-12 but I'm a huge fan of A2A aircraft with the Cessna 182 as my current favourite. It's difficult though as it is so much down top personal taste.

Thanks again.

As Graeme says it comes down to personal preference but its nice to hear the opinions of others. I'm sure all these aircraft, in their own way, are worthy of adding to a collection.

The Cessna 182 takes my fancy at the moment but I'm viewing each closely.

Hi Brett

B17. Never really thought of looking in this direction.Good simulation. Also like the switch click sound and the instrument vibrations and of course the wobbling engine cowlings. Great stuff. Must stay focused.

I am only guessing here but there is a flight sim expo coming up in Connecticut in the middle of this month and I have a feeling that A2A will premier a new aircraft. They usually put out two a year and following their GA line a Piper Seminole might be the next release. Again this is only a wild guess based on a twin being next as Scott G(the creator of A2A) having purchased one about a year+ ago. The oracle has spoken. :D

Then again it could be the T-6 or anything for that matter, did anyone see the C182 coming............. ;)

I need to clean my crystal ball, :D the next A2A release(sometime next week?) is going to be a Piper Comanche 250 from the 50's. Looks pretty nice and has retractable gear but was really hoping for something more I think (like a twin). I will still probably get it but not really in such a hurry for the buy this time around. 

You can check out the announcement here. http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47393

Oh my...I'm going to be all over that. Low wing! Fast! Cargo capacity! Range(- a bunch of that fuel = more cargo capacity!!).

Bet it will cost low enough to be a starter plane in AH (at least I hope so...if not...I'll haul a few 172 loads till I can buy it).

:D Thanks for the heads up Brett!

I need to clean my crystal ball, :D the next A2A release(sometime next week?) is going to be a Piper Comanche 250 from the 50's. Looks pretty nice and has retractable gear but was really hoping for something more I think (like a twin). I will still probably get it but not really in such a hurry for the buy this time around. 

You can check out the announcement here. http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47393

thats nice, I only have the C172 but this is a possible going to end up in my hangar.....

Wayne

Hi,

Thanks again for all your suggestions.

I've looked at them all and it becomes clear, in their own way, all are worthy of wheeling into the hanger.

When you think about it, the cost of these aircraft is minimal (and some are free). At most, a few beer's. Maybe a lunch. That's all. And what immersive pleasure they bring for month after month. Pretty exceptional value eh.

For me though, the importance of choosing study aircraft is not finical but rather the heavy commitment of time and effort needed to squeeze out a full understanding of all the aircrafts detail. Avionics, systems, flying characteristics and superb modelling along the way. It takes me a long time to learn these days but its great.

It also becomes a tribute to the developers and all their effort.

Cavok.

+1 You are so right, in the beginning I had fun just learning to fly and checking out the world but after awhile and needing more from my sim, I was blessed with some crackerjack modeled sim planes and the thrill of learning each and every facet of these babies has become an obsession.

So let us know what you have picked up and post a screenshot of one or all, we would love to see them in action. :)

Id recommend just Flights excellent Fokker F27 Friendship 100/200/300 .. A superbly modelled aircraft with a feel for yester year or something a bit newer the excellent the Alabeo C404 Titan (one of my birthday purchases)

Best wishes Glenn

Hi,

Now watched as much as I can of all your suggestions. As already said, its not a matter of one better than the other. All have enough excellent merit to have in your fleet.

For starters though, I'm going for the new (old second hand) A2A Comanche 250. But others highlighted here will follow.

look forward to flying again.

Thanks for all your help.

Cavok.

The Comanche will not disappoint. A terrific choice...for "Study" it is about as real as it gets.

Tip...mind that gear switch...it has 3 positions. Very easy to forget that you need to hit it twice (push past the "Off" position) each time you raise and lower the gear. I like it though, because if I accidentally hit the gear switch (G Key) it will flip the switch to "OFF" instead of lowering the gear in flight.

Cheers

Matt.