Unfortunately out of the blue I've started to get fatal crashes. Memory and CPU usage are fine but when I checked the Event Logs I have the following error message

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 

0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: g3d.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb58
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0006fdf2
Faulting process id: 0x10dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0a5e39c990543
Faulting application path: D:\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: D:\FSX\g3d.dll
Report Id: 5d865fc1-11db-11e5-b4ba-50e549e51901

When I google the error there are a range of posts but it seems that it's potentially related to scenery. I haven't changed or added any new scenery for a couple of weeks and everything has been fine.

I've read somewhere that FSUIPC fixes some instances of the problem but I have that installed albeit it is version 4.8 

The only thing I have done this week is activate NVIDIA Shadowplay to record footage but I did a whole flight with it recording without problem on Thursday 

Any suggestions?

First make sure you have the latest version of fsuipc as Pete did add some fixes for this along the way. From what I have read there seems to be a lot of reasons from texture fixes in ASN to ORBXEngland to over taxing memory.

First make sure you have the latest version of fsuipc as Pete did add some fixes for this along the way. From what I have read there seems to be a lot of reasons from texture fixes in ASN to ORBXEngland to over taxing memory.

Thanks Gunner and Brett, I'll try updating FSUIPC first and try a test flight. Fingers crossed, if no joy I'll try rolling back the drivers.

If you have to make a rollback, have a look at this - http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38353

Short version -

"..got her working with a major rollback of the drivers, but i missed a crutial step. i didnt DELETE the old drivers from the Device manager menu, after that i restarted in safe mode and installed the new drivers, and restarted again. After that i started fs and everything is a go. so if anyone has this error with the new nvidia drivers, when you rollback go to Device manager and Uninstall your old drivers first."

Update - well it seems to have been driver related, well at least that's the position tonight. 

Updating FSUIPC made no difference but at least that's up to date now  :)

I completely uninstalled the existing drivers and made a clean install of the last but one NVIDIA driver and I've made two flights - one for an hour and a second 40 minute flight without a crash. The only thing I have on occasion but I've had it a while is FSX crashes with a fatal error on exiting FSX.

Thanks for the help chaps  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

fingers crossed then Graeme, last time I had something similar was last year, was going to have 4 whole days of FSX with no interuptions and had a HDD failure, needed to download and install everything onto new HDD, all downloads backed up now onto external drive just in case..think I actually flew 3 hours in those 4 days...gutted..

Wayne

fingers crossed then Graeme, last time I had something similar was last year, was going to have 4 whole days of FSX with no interuptions and had a HDD failure, needed to download and install everything onto new HDD, all downloads backed up now onto external drive just in case..think I actually flew 3 hours in those 4 days...gutted..

Wayne

Yeah fingers crossed :thum:

I know what you mean Wayne I had all kinds of flights planned this weekend, ended up a complete waste :(