Carenado Navajo

Pete,

Brilliant video showcasing another fantastic Carenado aircraft model.

I haven't got it yet, but it is on my extreme shortlist for immediate purchase.

Cheers

Andrew

Gorgeous video Pete. Love the focus blur masks you use to direct attention in scenes.

Looks like another gorgeous piece of art by Carenado. Really stunning textures everywhere. Btw...( And I seriously do not intend to open a can of anti-carenado worms...please save that for another thread...) I never could understand why folks complain about a few bugs in Carendo work when they present such stunning artwork in their final products...I have NEVER painted a piece of art without a bug flying into it, every single painting I ever made has at the very least a bug leg trapped in the paint somewhere...sorry folks, when you are concentrating on artwork to this degree of detail, you have to focus on the fidly bits and tiny strokes, and it is easy to get myopic and miss that you just painted over a fly with one of the broad strokes, till a customer points it out... :D

Matt,

Now, I would call those a "fly in the ointment".  :rofl:

Oh, and to your points, yes, some people "can't see the forest for the trees", and they don't even own the bloody tree in the first place.  :faint:

Cheers

Andrew

Thanks for the comments guys!

I really enjoy flying this one, yes the systems are not pmdg/a2a complexity but neither is the price. I would recommend either the c404 or the navajo to anyone! You could get both for the price of the commanche, to fly in both p3d and Fsx (I use both, Fsx for videos and p3d for flying mainly).

Thanks for the comments guys!

I really enjoy flying this one, yes the systems are not pmdg/a2a complexity but neither is the price. I would recommend either the c404 or the navajo to anyone! You could get both for the price of the commanche, to fly in both p3d and Fsx (I use both, Fsx for videos and p3d for flying mainly).

Pete,

Like Matt, I have the Cessna 404 'Titan' and we both think it's just superb.

By the way, what was the piano piece in the first part of your video?

Cheers

Andrew

Nice Video, I have the 404 Titan but this could be arriving to my hangar soon....what I like is what you said about installing into P3D too, except the old A2A C172 all the aircraft I buy, and scenery to must be able to be installed into both sims, thats the only reason I cant force myself to buy the Comanche....

Wayne

Nice video ! :thum:  I also think about getting this one, whenever I can find a use for it either in AH or in any adventure, and mostly the time to fly it ...  

Loic,

It has a brilliant useful load capacity for AH.  Mine is raking in the dollars.

Cheers

Andrew

Nice Video, I have the 404 Titan but this could be arriving to my hangar soon....what I like is what you said about installing into P3D too, except the old A2A C172 all the aircraft I buy, and scenery to must be able to be installed into both sims, thats the only reason I cant force myself to buy the Comanche....

Wayne

The Comanche is VERY good and if you pay enough, it install into both sims.

Its to expensive yes, but it saves me a lot of money because the quality difference is so big that I wont be using money on things like the Navajo. But it sure is pretty. 

You guys should take a look at what people are saying on the unofficial Carenado forum over at avsim. And no, I dont write there, I just read, so you dont have to be afraid of reading my blurbs.  :cool:

Its to expensive yes, but it saves me a lot of money because the quality difference is so big that I wont be using money on things like the Navajo. But it sure is pretty. 

But I bet it doesn't haul the same cargo weight ....  :)

Wayne

The Comanche is VERY good and if you pay enough, it install into both sims.

You guys should take a look at what people are saying on the unofficial Carenado forum over at avsim. And no, I dont write there, I just read, so you dont have to be afraid of reading my blurbs. :cool:

Don't worry, we DO visit other web sites, you are not the only one. Yes, and have also read the comments by the naysayers and whingers at AVSIM on the 'Navajo'. A very strange thing though, I also read a lot of comments by people who absolutely think it's fantastic and are very supportive of the 'Navajo' and other Carenado and Alabeo products.

An even stranger thing, when I researched back over the other Carenado products on the AVSIM Forum, the same members who are whinging about the 'Navajo', whinged about those other products as well.  Hell, who would have guessed that!!!

The reality that exists still remains (though I had to pinch myself and bang my head against the wall to be sure), I am sitting in a house, in a room, at a desk, with a computer (albeit a very expensive one), and flying a flight simulator developed for entertainment / gaming (dare I use that word). So, at US$37.95 it's not expensive, but the individual makes that decision based on their personal financial situation.

So, those who want to buy it, will, those who don't want to buy it, won't, and those who just want to continue whinging about Carenado and Alabeo will never stop whinging (the AVSIM Forum is full of them too).

People will make up their own mind and one thing is very obvious, there is a solitary lone voice here.

I own the tree and can see the forest too!!!

As Andrew just said, I think that being over 60 I'm now old enough to decide by myself if I want to buy something or not. So far I've never been disappointed by the Carenado/Alabeo planes I own (5). I don't expect them to be the same as A2A products (which explains the price difference) For what I do with FSX they do the job for what I consider a reasonable price. 

I am enjoying virtual flying for what it is ( I'm not either affraid of the word "gaming", I do a lot of gaming besides FSX ) and the last thing I want is to be bothered by all the rules and inconveniences of reality (even if I always start  my flights "cold and dark" on the parking, love pushing buttons and switches - I come from years of combat sims like Falcon 4.0 - , and try most of the time to follow some basic rules). So damage mods are not for me.  :)

I also don't buy sceneries or planes just because they are new or because they look good. I only buy them if I have a specific plan to use them for a good number of flying hours inside one of my FSX activities, which are mainly running Air Hauler companies and "discovery" flying adventures.