James,

I have lost track of the years I have been using it.  It has worked perfectly for me.  Totally recommended.

What troubles have you seen others having?  With Plan-G, problems are normally due to the 'nut behind the wheel' not the program itself.

Cheers

Andrew

cant recommend Plan-G enough, changed the way I plan, never used to bother really, just direct to on GPS now I really enjoy the planning of a route. Like anything you use for the first time it takes a while to get your around it but then once you grasp it you will see its great, and its free....and you can link it to Johns charts, which are great to....

Wayne

Using Plan-G since many months for all my VFR flights planning in different parts of the world. I use it as a map ( not connected and not showing my position, I love eyeball navigation ... ) and information tool in flight for all Nav frequencies ( NDBs, VORs, ILS ), radio frequencies of airports, airspaces, etc...

Never had a problem and wouldn't do without it. 

Also using John's charts directly called from within Plan G. (Only need to tell Plan G where they are stored.)

You find them here :

http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/category/3-airport-diagrams/

You will find much of it is pretty intuitive with a click and learn technique. That said, I did find many advanced procedures by reading the manual piecemeal but the basic flightplan building is a snap.

Have fun. :)

James,

Great to hear. You will probably find you rarely fly without it from here on. Most people, and certainly most of the Mutley Crew guys, either have it running on a second computer or on a second screen if they have a multi screen setup.

Cheers

Andrew

James,

Plan-G, Air Hauler, fine (not my scene, so I wouldn't know) but your original question related to ILS frequencies for UK airports. From this link -

http://www.ais.org.uk/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=6&Itemid=13.html

- you can download the latest official charts (including ILS approaches) for all UK airports.

Free. :)

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

James,

Plan-G, Air Hauler, fine (not my scene, so I wouldn't know) but your original question related to ILS frequencies for UK airports. From this link -

http://www.ais.org.uk/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=6&Itemid=13.html

- you can download the latest official charts (including ILS approaches) for all UK airports.

Free. :)

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

James,

Whilst Brian's link provides useful real world information, it can sometimes be problematic when used in FSX. This can be due to the age of FSX (nearly 10 yrs old now) and / or the accuracy of any add-on scenery.

As you are now aware, Plan-G builds its database from your FSX scenery and will always provide the exact NAVAID and ILS frequencies and other information specific to your FSX scenery set-up.

Having organised and run many flight sim rally events over the last 10 yrs, I know that people who rely heavily / exclusively on real world data can fall foul of the fact that FSX data is static, unless you update it. This is why Plan-G is such an exceptionally brilliant tool.

Cheers

Andrew

Fair comment — but if we are moving on from the original question and opening the field to payware, then there are other simmer-oriented options, too.

Notably, Aivlasoft Electronic Flight Bag will also provide you with information based upon the scenery you have installed (not to mention with providing you with a moving map display, checklists, weather information, and other goodies). Have a look at http://aivlasoft.ipbhost.com/ if you're interested — you can download a free trial from there that works for 30 days, too, to see whether you like it.

Cheers,

B.