Hello,

...... it's been such along time since I been on this forum that I'm not even sure if this is the correct sub-forum for my topic! ... I now have two harddisks on my computer running FSX under WindowsXP ... However, even though the latest (D:) has plenty of capacity, the original (C: with FSX installed) has much less, and is now getting full-up (only 20go free!!) ... Wherever possible I install new sceneries to disk D:, but as I understand it some sceneries are best kept on the same H/D as FSX (eg ORBX)

...... my question: can I reinstall my MegaScenery California photo-scenery onto disk D:? ... or for that matter can I just "move" the installed stuff (the whole of California) across from C: to D: (or maybe "Copy", and then delete the original) ... afterwards amending the path in FSX scenery menu!

...... just want to avoid messing up this great California scenery package .... !!!!!

David

Yes you can move your MegaSceneryEarth folder over to your second disk.  But you have to tell FSX where to look for it by going to setting and selecting the scenery tab.

Follow the pickies:

Click the Add Area

add.jpg

Select the Disk and then select the File (MSE Calif).. Click OK

mseadd.jpg

Now follow cearfully:  Press OK and the Directory window will turn blue (highlighted)

You have to place your mouse curser inside the window and click left button.

OK.jpg

The added file will always go to number 1, then you can place it in the stack as you please.

complete.jpg

Hope you can understand this way as it would have taken a mouthful to explain in words..