Addon scenery fsx steam edition

Hi all

What addon scenery would you advice to get for my system. Amd black edtion opticore processer amd r9 270 graphics card 2gb 12gb ram running windows8.1 64bit o/s.i have got fsx steam. I am looking for terrain for europe.i have looked at orbx or utx but as i have seen that utx can be hit and miss with fsx steam any good advice would be helpful as i am getting pfpx and the airbus and dont want to face any oom errors or crashes.

In Europe, I use the Orbx global/vector/openlc package and I´m resonably happy with it.

No problems with FSX-SE so far. I have a lot of free and payware airports on top of it and it works pretty well. I dont think there´s anything else out there that i would prefer.

I have ORBX uk and Ireland regions, but they are not installed because the FPS suffers enormously specially if you use airport addons.

FSX-SE I have set up for two specific flying styles

1) Virtual airline with jets

2) and GA flying in Denmark, northern Germany and the Alps.

I have P3D with the ORBX American Northwest regions. Mainly set up for bush flying.  Since these are not very "civilized" regions, the fps impact is small. I personally find that ORBX regions dont work well in places with many cities and airports.

Plse note that UTX is not a terrain feature like Orbx FTX stuff, but more similar to Vector ( roads, rivers, railways, coasts, night lighting... ).  All Flight 1 products are now delivered with a triple installer.

I still use my UTX Canada and Alaska together with ORBX regional Pacific Northwest, Pacific Fjords and South Alaska.

For Europe I still have my old UTX / GEX combination as I don't fly much there, I prefer wilder places... And when I do it's mostly night cargo flights for Air Hauler, so I'm not too worried about the landscape.  :)

Thinking about getting ORBX Norway though for a future adventure ...

If I was starting today for regular Europe flying, I would go for Orbx FTX global / Vector / Open LC. If you plan to do a lot of GA VFR flying in the UK, you might consider the regional Orbx England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland later. 

I use the ORBX/FTX Global,Vectors, Mesh, openLCEurope and a bunch of regions and airports. I fly using a laptop with the specs shown to the left. The only OOM crash I have had is over London which is pretty heavy scenery wise. If I know I am going to fly over that area I just lower my scenery settings.

I don't look at my fps and instead rely on what I can see visually while flying. Pretty much all ORBX/FTX products have custom control panels to adjust for computing strength. I am basically a GA flier so these products fit my needs the best. I know many tube pilots go the photoscenery route like MegaSeneryEarth and add the larger international airports that developers like Aerosoft and others do so well.  

Even though I went the ORBX/FTX route for my scenery I would suggest doing a lot of research, videos, reviews and such to see what is best for you and your flying needs. If you want to know more about ORBX/FTX products you can download a PDF here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/ 

Good luck to you. :)