UK VFR Scenery Confusion

Hi All

I am a new user to X-Plane. I was interested in the VFR Photo  Scenery for England and Wales. It ges a good review her ein the Hangar.

However, I am confused! The aerosoft page lists two different sets of 4 volumes of VFR scenery! It is confusing.

Lets start with the Hangar review: http://mutleyshangar.com/reviews/joe/xpvfr/xpvfr.htm

This says it is a review of "VFR Photoscenery" developed by RC SImulations.

Now if I go to the aerosoft shop to try to buy this I get presented with these titles, and all seems fine.

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=12401&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=english

BUT!!!

There is a different set of 4 volumes of "VFR scenery" also developed by RC SImulations and yet with clearly different covers (and a little cheaper):

This one claims it was reviewed on the Hangar! But the Hangar clearly shows the earlier box images (ie "VFR Photo Scenery")

There is no indication that they are reissues...

Indeed, they seem to be different sizes! According to the webpage

VFR PhotoScenery

------------------------

1 45Gb Volume One - South East England
2 45Gb Volume Two -South West England &South Wales
3 60Gb Volume Three - North Wales, West Midlands & North-West England
4 75Gb Volume Four - East Midlands & North-East England

VFR Scenery

-----------------

The webpage says this was photographed from 8000 ft.....1m/pixel  on a 10m mesh
1 45Gb South East and Southern England up to just west of the Isle of Wight
2 45Gb South West and South Wales up to just North of Bristol
3 45Gb North Wales, North West England and West Midlands, up to the Border of Scotland
4 45Gb East Midlands and North East England up to the Border of Scotland

So...WHICH ONE IS REVIEWED in the Hangar?????

Yours in total confusion

John L

:-)

John,

I think you will find the answer to this mind boggling question is in the date of the review, October 2012,  Since then, the product has had a number of version and coverage updates.

As Joe Lawford did the original review, I will get him to provide the full clarity to your question.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi John,

I think the original version reviewed here has been discontinued under the Flight1 banner and is existing stock only at Aerosoft. Don't forget the Aerosoft prices are Euros and not GB Pounds so once the exchange rate is taken into consideration there is not much in it.

The RC Simulations page mentions a "New" version, although it doesn't say how it is new (I guess it doesn't come with the Flight1 logo on the box any more?).

My advice would be to contact the owner of RCS, Bob Sidwick via their contact page here

When considering the pricing also check postage costs as this is a boxed product only.

Hope that helps..

Joe