Hi everyone

Hope all is well,  question I have today is how do I calibrate the throttle component of my Saitek Pro Flights Yoke System. When I go to taxi and touch the throttle lever, it reacts like I have just reengaged  TO GA

• Like 1

Hi Patrick

Hope you're keeping well

How are you setting up your Saitek stuff ? Are you using the FSX 'controls' option, Saitek software, or FSUIPC (paid version)?

Also, is this the controller that comes with the Yoke or an additional set of throttles ?

Hi Patrick

Ahhhh... the infamous FSX Genius.. I now remember your past post about your dealings with him..

ok, a good bit of news is that I too use the paid version of FSUIPC in the most part, and the FSX control settings for the Elevator, Ailerons, trim wheel, and rudder pedals (just found that they worked better with the default FSX controls), so hopefully I might be able to help.

First thing to do is to check that you are using Either FSX controls OR FSUIPC to control the throttles, not both. I have found some odd things happening in the past when I hadn't cleared all the settings in the FSX controls and it was fighting FSUIPC. If you click on Settings on the left of the Main FSX window and then Controls from the right of the screen. You need to go through all 3 tabs (Calibration, Buttons/Keys and Control Axes) for each one of your controllers. If you click on the drop down for the controller Type you need to pick each of your controllers in turn, but each time you change the controller, make sure you check all 3 tabs.

If there are no conflicts of any kind, then you can open up FSUIPC and calibrate through that.  Are you at all familiar with how to set up anything on FSUIPC or did Matt do it all ?

Depending on how familiar you are with FSUIPC, we can go to the next step

Let me know how you get on

hi Steph and thank you so much. So far so good I was able to follow your instructions, unfortunately Matt did all the FUSIPC calibration as I know very little I have only one controller. can you also tell should  the  box engage controllers  be checked or not

can you also tell should  the  box engage controllers  be checked or not

Hi Patrick

If you have anything working off the FSX controller like pedals or the yoke then it would have to be ticked.

I could have quite a few other questions, so rather than bore everyone else with details, i'll PM you.

I'm sure we can get this sorted out :-)

Hi Steph & Patrick,

I hope you don,t mind me joining this thread but being a newbie I am sucking up all this info like a sponge. I have just purchased the Saitek pro flight yoke and throttle set and it did not seem to take much in the way of setting up however I always thought I had missed something.

What is FSUIPC?

Mike

Hi Mike

FSUIPC is a piece of software written by Peter Dowson, which is an interface which allows third party programs to interact with FS9/FSX/P3D to a whole new level.

Some add on products use a free version of FSUIPC but there is also a pay version which allows you to control a lot more parameters in Flight Simulator than you ever dreamed existed.

I got my copy when I bought my second set of throttles and I'd be totally lost without it.  Its about £20 to buy and you can run Flight simulator perfectly well without it, so its a considered purchase, but in my humble opinion, it's worth every penny.

It can be a little daunting to set up when you see the manual but once you get the hang of it, its very powerful.

Hi Mike

The other thing you might find handy to have, especially if you have or are planning to get any of the Saitek modules (radios, switch unit etc.) is a fantastic little program called SPAD. Its free, and is a lot easier to use than the Saitek software that comes with the hardware.

:D

ps. belated welcome to the forums

@hlminx,

I've got a Saitek HOTAS arrangement in a box in storage because I gave up on it. With this info, I might just dust it off and give it another go.

Hi John

Thanks for posting the SPAD link. its a clever little bit of kit, and totally free, which is great!

One very important thing to remember if you are going to change or add controllers/yokes/sticks etc.  FSUIPC KNOWs what controller is plugged in which USB port, and if you move them about, or replace them all sorts of strange things happen..

I'm just going through details with Patrick and one of the things that has come to light is that some of the controllers were swapped out and the problems started from there.

There are some instructions in the FSUIPC manual that explain this and how the assigning process works, but I just made sure that I never moved my Yoke, throttles and Trim wheel when I recently had to unplug the lot to put in some new drives.  I took a shot of which USB had what in it so that when it was turned on again, FSUIPC wasn't confused.

As far as setting up the controller, once its in, you just need to update FSUIPC for each new type of aircraft you fly. Doesn't matter if its different liveries if you shorten the aircraft reference to just the basic Manufacturer and model.. ie. Boeing 747 400.. rather than paint 1, paint 2 etc.

The manual is quite long, but it makes sense..

When I first set mine up a few years back I couldn't find anything on the net to help me.. there may be you tube how to's that weren't about back then, but the manual does explain it

:)

Hi Stephanie

I have well and truly banjacked the set up Matt did for me with FSUIPC so its back the drawing board and read the manual. I may download SPAD and check it out. Thanks for all of your help over the last few days.

Hi Stephanie

I have well and truly banjacked the set up Matt did for me with FSUIPC so its back the drawing board and read the manual. I may download SPAD and check it out. Thanks for all of your help over the last few days.

Hi Patrick

Yep, I'm afraid that moving controllers about does tend to confuse FSUIPC. I know it may not seem like it, but there is a bright side...You are now totally free of the work that Matt did on your PC, which means that you can have as many new addons as you like.  FSUIPC may seem daunting, but once you have set up one thing, its a lot simpler than it looks initially.  I have sent you a PM with a good vid to check out..

As far as SPAD goes, I would suggest, one thing at a time. SPAD really comes into its own when you have a lot of other Saitek modules. For the moment, I would stick with getting your main controls up and running in basic terms.. you can indulge in the other bits once you are flying again.

Take a look at the Vid. Make sure that you get shot of the old settings as they will only cause problems. I would suggest saving a copy of the FSUIPC4.cfg as a text document and then start again. The instructions are in the manual as far as plugging in everything. Clear all the settings in FSX controllers (un-tick the enable controllers box), make a clear note of which peripheral you have plugged into which USB slot, and then Launch FSX. Click ALT and then when the toolbar appears at the top of the screen, go into Add ons and then select FSUIPC then you can start to set up the basics again.

I've PM'd you with some recommendations on how to name the profiles for future use.. hope they help

I've got a manic week coming up but will try and keep an eye on this thread.

:)