Making of ORBX KSTS Sonoma County Regional Airport

Here's a video I've created showing a bit of behind the scenes development footage as well as a promotional video for KSTS. This airport project was actually a final school year major work, due this week, so this is a shortened version of a video that is actually about 20 minutes long wink.png The total real time screen capture footage I have is close to 16 hours, which is a tiny tiny fraction of the actual development time.

Enjoy and hope it gives a little insight into the work that goes into an airport! Hope to maybe see a review soon as well? :P

Cheers!

Misha,

Fantastic video of an absolute beautiful piece of work, your airports just keep getting better.  I often look back on (and fly into) the three little 'dirt strips' you designed and released as North American Airstrips Vol.1, under the MCA Designs banner.  It must seem a lifetime ago already, even though it's probably only been about two and a half years or so.  I guess it's university next year to pursue studies in what is clearly your passion.

All the best mate, and keep up the good work.

Cheers

Andrew

P.S.  One of our reviewers is currently writing a review of KSTS.

I can only echo what Andrew has said.

I spent many hours yesterday just flying low and slow over the whole scenery and I was stunned at the detail and the performance. 

This is your best scenery by far Misha and your fans are going to love this one!

Cheers,

Joe

Nice video Misha. Looks like an incredible amount of fiddly work involved in this kind of work, especially at the level you work on. I am quite convinced I don't have the patience to attempt to build an airfield :D.

Thanks for having the patience to learn the skills to make this kind artwork...that we then get to fly around in. :D

Cheers,

Matt.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to the review :)

Fantastic video of an absolute beautiful piece of work, your airports just keep getting better.  I often look back on (and fly into) the three little 'dirt strips' you designed and released as North American Airstrips Vol.1, under the MCA Designs banner.  It must seem a lifetime ago already, even though it's probably only been about two and a half years or so.  I guess it's university next year to pursue studies in what is clearly your passion.

Yeah it really does seem so long ago! But I'm not going straight into university, I'm taking a year off, so you'll see much more coming from me.

• Like 3