this ttme its FSUIPC

Hi Patrick, I think this is what you need?

This is on the button & switches tab.

post-1-0-98285700-1438693386_thumb.png

It says "Auto Throttle To Ga" 

Trim down "Elev Trim Dn"

post-1-0-71865000-1438693502_thumb.png

Trim up "Elev Trim Up"

post-1-0-57786100-1438693519_thumb.png

Hope that helps!

Hi Patrick

Any changes that you make to FSUIPC can either be OK'd or Cancelled using the buttons at the bottom right of the FSUIPC window.

Regarding TOGA.. you need to be careful what you put in the box below it (action when the controller is moved back to where you started).. I think you should be able to produce more than enough thrust to red-line without having to use TOGA at all.

Can I suggest an alternative to try ?  I remember you said that you mainly fly the 777 and use one slider axis for the rudder, one for throttle and one for speed brake. As a speed brake is either on, off or set, you might find it better to use the buttons on your Saitek yoke for those and that will free up 2 sliders purely for your throttles and keep the third slider axis for your rudder as it is.

If you set the two throttle sliders as Throttle 1 and throttle 2 (The type of action on the FSUIPC pop up would be set as 'Send direct to FSUIPC calibration'), then set each one as 'No reverse zone', click the filter button, and then make sure that your Max and minimum are your fully up and down to the '0' reading on the Saitek controller.. i.e. NOT in the RED lined section, that will give you Redline at the top and idle at the bottom. 

My usual settings for my Max and minimum on my sliders is  16393 and -16384  

Everyone's will be slightly different so don't worry about that..  the main thing is that you only have 2 values set for the throttles and no reverse. It is possible to make the reaction of moving the throttle more or less sensitive as you move up and down the axis movement by playing with the 'Slope' button.  Negative figures will make the movement more sensitive when you start to move through the range of movement. I keep mine round about -10 as that makes the throttles more reactive at the lower thrust setting and less at the top. but the options are subjective and a matter of personal preference.

As I fly all sorts of aircraft from single, twin, prop, jet etc. I have profiles set up for each 'Type' but I group them by 'Single Prop', Single Piston', 'twin jet' etc.  having 2 sliders for throttles might give you more flexibility for little headache.

I know its a lot to take in with FSUIPC, but I promise that once you have the basics down you will find it a lot easier, and my even try some other aircraft as well as the 777.

I'd really like to help you get this fixed. I don't know what the best option is for me to explain everything, but happy to talk you through it step by step if that helps ?

:-)

• Like 1

Hi Patrick

Any changes that you make to FSUIPC can either be OK'd or Cancelled using the buttons at the bottom right of the FSUIPC window.

Regarding TOGA.. you need to be careful what you put in the box below it (action when the controller is moved back to where you started).. I think you should be able to produce more than enough thrust to red-line without having to use TOGA at all.

Can I suggest an alternative to try ?  I remember you said that you mainly fly the 777 and use one slider axis for the rudder, one for throttle and one for speed brake. As a speed brake is either on, off or set, you might find it better to use the buttons on your Saitek yoke for those and that will free up 2 sliders purely for your throttles and keep the third slider axis for your rudder as it is.

If you set the two throttle sliders as Throttle 1 and throttle 2 (The type of action on the FSUIPC pop up would be set as 'Send direct to FSUIPC calibration'), then set each one as 'No reverse zone', click the filter button, and then make sure that your Max and minimum are your fully up and down to the '0' reading on the Saitek controller.. i.e. NOT in the RED lined section, that will give you Redline at the top and idle at the bottom. 

My usual settings for my Max and minimum on my sliders is  16393 and -16384  

Everyone's will be slightly different so don't worry about that..  the main thing is that you only have 2 values set for the throttles and no reverse. It is possible to make the reaction of moving the throttle more or less sensitive as you move up and down the axis movement by playing with the 'Slope' button.  Negative figures will make the movement more sensitive when you start to move through the range of movement. I keep mine round about -10 as that makes the throttles more reactive at the lower thrust setting and less at the top. but the options are subjective and a matter of personal preference.

As I fly all sorts of aircraft from single, twin, prop, jet etc. I have profiles set up for each 'Type' but I group them by 'Single Prop', Single Piston', 'twin jet' etc.  having 2 sliders for throttles might give you more flexibility for little headache.

I know its a lot to take in with FSUIPC, but I promise that once you have the basics down you will find it a lot easier, and my even try some other aircraft as well as the 777.

I'd really like to help you get this fixed. I don't know what the best option is for me to explain everything, but happy to talk you through it step by step if that helps ?

:-)

some great ideas Stephanie