Announcing Section 4! - Bidding closed

Greetings adventurers.

Vacation, House guests and travelling have kept me offline, or at least computer challenged for a couple of weeks now, thus I've lacked the technological equipment needed to update you all on the next section of our little trip.

Although my travels for the summer is far from done I'm now at home, with access to my computer, so I figured I'd let you all know what's in store for you before I head of for a four day conference trip to Mallorca bright and early tomorrow morning.

The schedule for section 4 can be found below. As you can see we've got another 10 flights in front of us, taking us from Papua New Guinea across the Pacific Ocean and some way in over the US mainland.

As I will continue to be travelling for a few days the bidding window from Section 4 will start when I get back from Palma (In other words at 14:00 UTC on August 9th). Bids can be sent to atwc@mutleyshangar.com, and as usual only bids sent in after the bidding window has opened will be considered when assigning flights. 

Cheers for now, I must now get going to obtain some Euros for my trip, because I fear the exchange offices at Arlanda will be closed at 4:30 AM tomorrow morning :)

Section4_Briefing_version.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

A little status update on the bidding so far is in order as we're a week in to the bidding process.

So far I have assigned six flights in accordance with the list below. So get your bids in so we can get this thing moving again.

Matt, as I mentioned in my e-mail to you earlier today, sadly all the legs in your bid were already taken by other pilots. And since most bids are for the same legs I couldn't find a way to juggle you in to the assignments. I hope you feel like adding one of the non-claimed legs instead.

Leg 31: Unassigned

Leg 32: Unassigned

Leg 33: Mikael Stockfors

Leg 34: Kieran Marshall

Leg 35: Jessica Bannister-Pearce

Leg 36: Brian Cowell

Leg 37: Pete White

Leg 38: John Guest

Leg 39: Unassigned

Leg 40: Unassigned

Since bids are slow I've assigned Jess to leg 31 as well, to try and populate the departure board as fast as possible.

@Matt: If you want a long leg I can hand over leg 33 to you and pick another for myself. No problem for me.

Updated assignments:

Leg 31: Jessica Bannister-Pearce

Leg 32: Unassigned

Leg 39: Unassigned

Roger that Kieran.

I'll wait for Matt to decide if he wants one of the shorter legs or not before I assign another leg to you to give him as many to choose from as possible.

Actually, I think I will sit this section out, but thanks for the offer of leg 33 Stu. In reality, I have a carp ton of RL stuff descending at this time (Mom is back in hospital after a horse related accident...she has one every couple of years or so...it's kind of traditional, but nerve wracking at the same time) + (work is getting busy as fark, I lost an easy hours but crappy paying route, and now am back on long hours but great paying On Call work).

I will just enjoy  all of your Leg Works this time around and wait till my suddenly flailing legs are better ready to rumble next section.

Cheers all...looking forward to reading your adventures!

Cpt. Coff.

Roger that Boss.

Kieran, since Matt bowed out I'm assigning leg 32 to you and if no one else have claimed it by the time I leave work I'll take leg 40 to fill up the departure board.

Matt, no worries mate. Hope your mother gets through this accident as well. Maybe I should be worried for the safety of my son. He's just started with riding lessons at age 5....

Updated assignments so far:

Leg 31: Jessica Bannister-Pearce

Leg 32: Kieran Marshall

Leg 39: Joe Lawford