St. Pete Russia to Heksinki

A short flight, 165NM in the MD-80 from St. Pete Russia to Helsinki Finland.

First we go into the dispatch module and select the passenger load and fuel and then send it to the FMS

000%20dispatch_zps6ofqajs9.jpg~original

Once we have everything set we request Pushback and startup from the ground crew

00%20Pushback%20and%20start_zpsf0kfmbfi.

Today we are flying in classic Delta livery, dirt and all

01%20Origin_zpseiemcu2q.jpg~original

Auto Brakes set to T.O.

02%20auto%20brakes_zpsbbkosezs.jpg~origi

FMS configured and showing us the outside air temp, V numbers, and gross weight.

03%20takeoff%20ref_zpsw71bu2n8.jpg~origi

Takeoff

04%20takeoff_zps00qenw7r.jpg~original

Turning towards the Gulf of Finland

08%20Turning%20over%20gulf%20of%20finlan

EFB showing our route today as we reach our TOC

09%20EFB%20stpetetohelsinki_zpsy2nqxfmj.

Switching off the seat belt sign even though we have only about 10 minutes at cruise alt

09%20seatbelt_zpsmhvzccuv.jpg~original

Gear down on this dirty old bird

10%20gear%20down_zpszirsd3rg.jpg~origina

After touchdown

12%20down_zpshxxghzhl.jpg~original

Parked and passengers deplaning via the jetway as we open the rear stairs for the cleaning crew

13%20parked_zpsn7gg3uqi.jpg~original

Thanks for looking.  I think next leg i will swap over to the DC-10 for a change!

• Like 1

With my propensity for getting into trouble I always breathe a sigh of relief when I leave Russia. :P Thanks for the ride along, detail pics and 10 minute wiz break Richard. :thum:

I have to ask what that black wheel lock looking thing on the bottom of the front gear is. Did you park in a no parking zone? :D 

With my propensity for getting into trouble I always breathe a sigh of relief when I leave Russia. :P Thanks for the ride along, detail pics and 10 minute wiz break Richard. :thum:

I have to ask what that black wheel lock looking thing on the bottom of the front gear is. Did you park in a no parking zone? :D

No Brett it's not a wheel clamp, they are grit/foreign object deflectors to prevent cra foreign objects being ingested into the engines. The DC-9 family were prone to that.

Ha ha ha! :rofl:   That's funny Brett!  Yeah, the pilot had a lot of unpaid parking tickets so they slapped a boot on the plane!

Actually, Hifly got the correct answer.  Thank you Hifly :thum: