Sponsored screenshot contest Q&A's

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kieran please read the original post, then I think you will find 3 entries per user which can be changed as many times up until the end of the competition.

Regards

is edits allowed?
Only superficial edits are allowed, nothing over the top. What is shown in the picture needs to be representative of what

you see in flight sim. If you are unsure about any images then please feel free to PM me.

Please see the rules in the original post, if you are unsure please post questions here.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Good news from the Hangar for anyone disappointed for not winning the screenshot competition

Starting next month (August 2008) Just Flight Limited have agreed to sponsor the competition for the foreseeable future on a monthly basis :clap:

We will have another theme for the next competition, watch this space!!

Cheers

• 6 months later...

joe, don't s'pose you could clear up a little grey area that i've been debating with myself over the past few days with regards 'unedited' shots for the screenshot comps.

what exactly does 'unedited' constitute? I understand that you mean there be no major messing or enhancing with the image in Photoshop (note: other image editors are available!) by means of level adjustments, filters and other tools, and obviously this also means no composites.

however, the matter i've been fighting with is screenies taken on a replay of a flight with the use of recording apps (for example GameCam and FSRecorder) that allow formation flights to be compiled and, therefore, produce an (i guess) in-game composited image - does this constitute an 'edit' and as such one that would be null and void as an entry to the competition??

:unclemartin:

thanks in advance, simi

joe, don't s'pose you could clear up a little grey area that i've been debating with myself over the past few days with regards 'unedited' shots for the screenshot comps.

what exactly does 'unedited' constitute? I understand that you mean there be no major messing or enhancing with the image in Photoshop (note: other image editors are available!) by means of level adjustments, filters and other tools, and obviously this also means no composites.

however, the matter i've been fighting with is screenies taken on a replay of a flight with the use of recording apps (for example GameCam and FSRecorder) that allow formation flights to be compiled and, therefore, produce an (i guess) in-game composited image - does this constitute an 'edit' and as such one that would be null and void as an entry to the competition??

:unclemartin:

thanks in advance, simi

I think he means an edit as in the overall image that you have taken. I have happily done a few shots with Fsrecorder and have all been accepted.

I think he means an edit as in the overall image that you have taken.....

thanks gareth for the input, this is what i believe also, however a side of me cant help but think that using FSRecorder is actually editing what you're really getting in FS9/FSX because you're really just compositing multiple images together in the sim and then taking a shot which, part of me at least, thinks is, in a way, cheating.....

Mr. Mutley, can you clear it up for me please...at least so as i can tell myself i was right either way!

FS Recorder is fine as that is what you are seeing in flight sim, it is not altering the contents of a screenshot as taken by your screenshot program.

Let's not get too bogged down in the rules but for example adding real world components (Therefore a composite shot you would see in the A&E forum) would not make it representative of flight sim.

I accept people will edit shots, after all you have to re-size them; but embellishing a shot to make it too good to be true will make it ineligible. If I think a shot is unacceptable then it doesn't make it past first base.

Please remember I do not take questions on individual shots suitability or post comments on shots whilst the competition is in progress, if a comment is posted saying your post contravenes the rules then that is not an official comment as it will not have been posted by me.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mutley

• 1 month later...
I need help as don't know how to convert the shots to jpg :yikes: please help asap :yikes:

sounds like you need a BMP converter, it just so happens i have one that works really well. Its by an Aussie programmer, has a lovely GUI and is rather powerful for what it does....anyways, im jabbering :great:, here's the link!