Hi guys,

How do I get  permission to access the C: drive in Windows10, from my networked Windows 7 machine, How can I do this........................

Regards

Brian.

This is just a stab in the dark from someone who has never even seen Windows 10, but I suspect that you'd have to go to the Windows 10 machine and set that drive/folder for sharing, at very least.  It may be that MS has it so locked up that you won't be able to do that, but it's where I'd start.

I guess any answer is better than no answer, except possibly in the case of this one...

John

Thank`s John,

Hi Chris.

I also think this is the problem........but as John say`s, Microsoft could have locked it up.......maybe......

How you do I activate my built in admin,  and add myself to the existing admin group...?

Brian.

Hi John and Chris,

I have managed to do what you suggested...........On windows 10, my laptop the C: drive has given me access........but on the main machine I have the C: folder but it will not allow access to it............ but Simconnect still works.

It does seem that Microsoft have locked this folder..........Both Machines are networked and talking with each other....Happy Days.

Thank you both for your input.

Regards Brian.

• Like 2