X-plane 10.40 Beta 10 released

Hey guys, just a heads up to confirm the release of the latest beta for X-Plane 10 boxed version users. Here are the release notes.

Fixed for Beta 10

Fuel consumption matches 10.36 for old planes not saved in 10.40. This fixes the JAR Designs A330 and FlightFactor 757.

Billboard lights for legacy planes match X-Plane 10,36. (Bug 1731.)

Transponder commands fixed. (Fixes Carenado planes and Saitek plugin.)

Range selector knob fixed. (Bug 1802.)

Glider winch remembers last picked runway. (Fixes bug 1803.)

Mouse wheel works in planet map.

Fixed cursor not tracking properly on Windows 8 with 4K monitors and large fonts.

ATC taxi guidance arrows disappear when flight plan is canceled. (Bug 1744.)

Safe mode only comes up when the shift key is held down (Bug 1793.)

AVI recording always records in slow lock-step when recording replays. This means replays will always have correct timing no matter what record speed and sim framerate. (Bug 1726.)

Fixed DVD-detection on Linux Debian 8 (and any Linux where /etc/mtab is a symlink to /proc/mounts).

Fixed DSF loader getting stuck for a few minutes when flying in a decaying orbit.

Fixed ATC Frequencies at LPFR.

Aurora Borealis visible in southern latitudes too. (Bug 1784.)

Fixed text outside box in joystick and equipment page. (Bug 1682.)

RREF UDP packet allows access to binary datarefs – access them as arrays; the return value will be 0..255 for each byte.

As always, steam edition users will have to wait for 10.40 to go final before they get the update.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am running the beta versions as well on a different drive so as to not mess things up in case of issues!!

Having only just got back from a two week holiday last night I have a lot to catch up on. The beta versions have been ok for me so far.