Thanks Andrew, great review and well covered as usual. :thum: 

A shame they haven't fixed the ADF gauge yet, it's a nice looking aircraft and would be a good addition to the hangar. I know NDB's are slowly falling out of favor but I still enjoy using them, have you contacted them to see if they are working on a fix for the gauge?

• Like 1

Nice review of an awesome plane. Been enjoying it a lot. Good eye on the ADF bug!

Never used ADF myself, but it is a testament to your review thoroughness that you caught it (...unless you have previously reviewed one of those other bugged models...hahaha  :P ).

Thks for the review, will definitely buy it for long runs when I start my Aussie tour in September. Looks also like a good candidate for my AH fleet ! 

Loic,

The 404 ' Titan' is fantastic for AH. Great load capacity and range, and so gentle on those delicate cargo loads.

Cheers

Andrew

Nice review of an awesome plane. Been enjoying it a lot. Good eye on the ADF bug!

Never used ADF myself, but it is a testament to your review thoroughness that you caught it (...unless you have previously reviewed one of those other bugged models...hahaha  :P ).

Matt,

Thanks.  Australian airports still use NDB approaches a fair bit, so I tend to notice little stuff like that...oh, and it has absolutely nothing to do with being anally retentive. :whis:

Now, if I was to answer your question, I might have to admit that I had previously reviewed a release with the ADF gauge problem and not noted it, only picking it up on this release.  :lalala:

So, the answer is, "Mum's the word!".  :rolleyes:

You will just have to trawl back through my reviews to find out...it isn't too difficult. :stars:

Cheers

Andrew

I use ADF often  ( seems like it will be useful for my aussie tour, thks for info...)  but mostly to visualise where the NDB is relatively to my flight path by having a quick look at the needle. I never turn the dial to get the real bearing, so I never noticed this bug on Alabeo planes...

An old pelican once told me that when shooting an approach in IMC, if there's an NDB in range, even if not part of the approach, he will tune it. He says the needle is a great Situational Awareness aid.

Great review Andrew. I really enjoyed it.

It would not be difficult to put in a working ADF or even an RMI in a pop-up, from one of the default FS aircraft. You shouldn't have to but it's an easy fix. Nonetheless, THEY should have fixed it. and they still should.

I note one of the registrations provided is N478JT and that had a familiar ring to it. I was thinking John Travolta's Gulfstream has a number like that so checked - it's N492JT. Close, but no cigar. N478JT is showing as unassigned in the FAA database.

I have a few dozen hours as a frequent charter pax in one of these during a former life. It's a great ride if the WX isn't ugly. On one of the flights I was on they had an engine failure in cruise, fortunately in clear WX. They chose to overfly a number of perfectly good airports and continued to our destination, Port Columbus (KCMH) in Columbus, Ohio. No doubt the longer runways there were a factor in that decision. They flew the approach with a pretty high airspeed, I guess to maintain the option for a go-around, and only throttled back the running engine when over the threshold. They just held it off and flew off the airspeed while over the runway and made a very nice, though long, landing. They made it look easy and the good WX helped.

John

• Like 1