FDC Live Cockpit vs FS Passenger X

Does anyone use either FDC Live Cockpit or FS Passenger X?

I have FS2Crew which will make cabin announcements and it is very cool, but that only works with specific aircraft.

I am looking for one that works with any commercial aircraft such as my DC-10 or MD-80 or 767. My MD-80 has all the cockpit calls like V numbers and rotate and gear up, and the altitude calllouts, etc. just no cabin announcements.

So preferably one that can be configured to play only the announcements that I want.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes I have FDC Live cockpit. It has some aircraft profiles already built in and more can be made manually and saved for future use. Also announcements are fully configurable by type, times/altitudes/flight phase they are played or if they are played at all. You can also set up ATC messages in different accents for other countries which will change as you pass those countries. Very powerful bit of kit.

Very good and the audio quality is very good also.

Hope this helps

Adrian

• 2 months later...

The price was very high I thought so I waited for the recent Aerosoft sale. Puchased it and after three days I am currently trying to get my money back. Many, many difficulties. #1. It does not come with the most recent cumulative updates which it should since the updates are over a year old. 2) the Update button in the app tells you are up to date when in fact you are not. I found this out from the developer, not Aerosft. 3) must not install to the default loc or it will not work. 4) interface is awful. Looks like circa 1995. 5) the voice acting quality is poor. The german ones i cannot even understand with what sounds like static. Some of the cockpit audio is pretty bad also. Sounds like they found a couple of guys at the local pub who had a few too many, to do the recordings. 6) must encountered 6 different popup errors before getting my first connection and the AC profiles are screwy. The flap settings don,t match my aircraft and they cannot be changed. e. g. DC-10 has flap 28 and 50 but the panel only has every five, like 20, 25, 30 and a max of 40. And since they do not match, it will not connect. I could go on and on but thee are so many issues. I give it a 0 out of 10. Keep away from this one at all costs. Very disappointed in Aerosoft for selling this product. Not up to their usual high quality.

The price was very high I thought so I waited for the recent Aerosoft sale. Puchased it and after three days I am currently trying to get my money back. Many, many difficulties. #1. It does not come with the most recent cumulative updates which it should since the updates are over a year old. 2) the Update button in the app tells you are up to date when in fact you are not. I found this out from the developer, not Aerosft. 3) must not install to the default loc or it will not work. 4) interface is awful. Looks like circa 1995. 5) the voice acting quality is poor. The german ones i cannot even understand with what sounds like static. Some of the cockpit audio is pretty bad also. Sounds like they found a couple of guys at the local pub who had a few too many, to do the recordings. 6) must encountered 6 different popup errors before getting my first connection and the AC profiles are screwy. The flap settings don,t match my aircraft and they cannot be changed. e. g. DC-10 has flap 28 and 50 but the panel only has every five, like 20, 25, 30 and a max of 40. And since they do not match, it will not connect. I could go on and on but thee are so many issues. I give it a 0 out of 10. Keep away from this one at all costs. Very disappointed in Aerosoft for selling this product. Not up to their usual high quality.

• 1 month later...

Pardon me for adding another addon, but recently ive been using FsCaptain. I have used FsPassenger but with all the instability ive experienced before in fsx and being not available for P3D recently had made me look somewhere else and found FsCaptain. I can say that I am more happier with FSC than with FSp. For me its more easy to use and stable.