Head Movement in FSX

Hi folks

After having no end of trouble with EZDok (To cut a long story short running it in Windows 7 is a pain, it appears in the task bar but I cannot bring it up whilst in FSX, and only when I quit FSX does it then bring a box up explaining it has lost connection).

I'm looking for a similar add-on that replicates the bumps and jolts that you get when taxiing in a modern tube liner (ideally with the sounds too) also i'd like it to give me more of a sensation of being pushed back into the seat during take off and vice versa during landings.

The only thing that I can really find is Sim Physics X, does anyone have experience of this?

Thank you in anticipation.

Can't help with alternatives, I'm afraid, since I've been running EZCA with Windows 7 for years with no problems — once it has been set up properly.

As to the problem you describe: if you are running fsx full screen, then the "Studio" will be permanently hidden behind fsx so you can't see it until you exit — at which point it will, of course, have just lost its connection.    :cool:

EZCA isn't the most intuitive of programs to set up, but having paid for it it seems a shame to junk it simply because (so far) you can't get it working.

If you're willing to give it one last try, could you please confirm which version (1.15? 1.17? 1.18??) of EZCA you are running, and with which sim (fsx acceleration / fsx gold / se)?

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

I have to agree with bruce - EZDok is the best out there in my opinion.

The latest version worked better for me as that stopped any disconnection on startup.

Also make sure you have installed the latest version of simconnect if you are running FSX steam edition.

Make sure you have run the config tool whenever you install aircraft using the latest version of simconnect.

The latest version of EZDok and the beta version too can be found on the support forum (Google ezdok update of something) - when getting the version off some sites it is not necessarily the latest so heads up on that.

Given all the above I hope you get it working as it's a great tool.

Jim

can I use EZDOK just to get the head movements, I had it working on its own but removed it and now use TrackIR, but I would like to get the movement caused by landing , turbulance and  general aicraft movement, dont want to set up any views in it......

Wayne

can I use EZDOK just to get the head movements, I had it working on its own but removed it and now use TrackIR, but I would like to get the movement caused by landing , turbulance and  general aicraft movement, dont want to set up any views in it......

Wayne

There is no reason to not use both together as you can click between the two. Make setting up the aircraft much easier with the steady EZDOC platform.

Right guys, apologies for the delay.

I'm struggling to see which version my EZDok is. I imagine it will be the most current one though, as I only downloaded it last week (i've had the code for a long time though).

I can access the EZCA config .exe no problems at all, and can access the "configure FSX" button fine. The problem comes when FSX:SE has gone into full screen mode, if I try minimise FSX and come back to it, the sound is still there but I just get a black screen. The other game I play (Attila: Total War) does exactly the same thing. Both of these are run from Steam.

The error message I get when I finally quit FSX after a session is "FSX Process not found. FSX_handle: 0"

I hope this helps you guys help me!

Thanks.

> "I imagine it will be the most current one though..."

Well it used to be always the case that buyers were provided with v1.15, and it was then up to them to upgrade. But surely you can ascertain which version you're using?

> "I can access the EZCA config .exe no problems at all..."

OK, but that's not important right now: can you see the EZCA "Studio" interface, or not?

> "The problem comes when FSX:SE has gone into full screen mode..."

Did you read my previous comment? "...if you are running fsx full screen, then the "Studio" will be permanently hidden behind fsx so you can't see it until you exit — at which point it will, of course, have just lost its connection".

But now we know that you have FSX SE, so you need to be using the latest beta version of EZCA v1.18.

> "FSX Process not found. FSX_handle: 0"

That rings a faint bell... Try excluding both EZCA.exe and also FSX.exe from the attentions of your anti-virus. (Better yet, exclude all your FSX directory and its subdirectories, or turn your AV OFF whilst using the sim (which improves performance, too)).

But that's old advice: if you're not on v1.18 (and you *have* to know whether you installed it) then that's the first thing to sort out.

And with Steam, I can't help from personal experience, unfortunately. :(

Cheers,

B.

Well that was easier than I thought, thank you Bruce! Obviously FSX still throws a wobbly should I minimise it, but the update to v1.18 has solved everything. Now I just need to get my hands on the 737NGX camera set, anyone got any ideas?

Thank you once again.

<grin> My pleasure - that's great news! :)

Rather than minimising FSX, how about switching between full screen and the reduced size window by using the Alt-Enter key combination? (Then resize the smaller window so that you can see the EZCA Studio at the same time).

If you don't want to make your own, there are several pre-made camera sets available: Google is your friend.

Have fun,

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747