P3D setup help

Hi there i was wondering if anyone on here used P3D with orbx ftx global base and Ftx england. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm only asking because i seem to keep getting patches in my scenery!! it's markedly better then 

FSX but i need help

regards tom

Hi Tom,

What sort of patches? black squares, blurry textures or missing /messed up textures?

I can see you have an excellent setup but you may need to try some testing with the scenery sliders.

Joe

:hat:

I've read on the Orbx forum there is an update to FTX central 2 and the library but when you download it says there is a separate update for P3Dv2.5. So i don't know. I'll post a photo of the patches. I mean any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Tom

Tom,

I'm going to jump in on the end of this, bearing in mind, my experience is all with FSX, but it also might help.

Firstly, you mentioned FTX England, if you are predominantly flying in this region, you need to have the Europe region (NOT the Global region) activated in FTX Central.  Otherwise this will definitely cause anomalies in the scenery, such as patchy textures.

If you fly from the England region to any other region, e.g. across the Channel to Continental Europe, or you randomly fly in other parts of the world, it is best to have the Global region activated in Hybrid mode.

Cheers

Andrew

• Like 1