Any FS news is interesting news, please share!

15 hours ago, Tristarcaptain said:

So was I...LOL!  I think that's the only film of The Dambusters at the moment.  Goodness knows when the promised remake will happen!!

I wish that Aeroplane Heaven had a Dambusters plane with their forthcoming release......I guess that we can't have everything!! :stars:

Why remake it? the original film is an all time classic! Leave it well alone. I'd rather they made a film about 617 Sqns ops with the Tallboy  and Grand Slam bombs against the U-boat pens and Tirpitz etc. 617 did a lot more than just the dams raid.

Looking at the model it looks good so far, Though I think the engine fire was caused by the pilot running off the runway during take off and getting some FoD in the the air intake! :P;)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear All,   I would like to invite you all as Mutley's news hounds!   We all have our own connections, media feeds and FS site favourites etc. so if you see any interesting or entertaining news th

This one is for Matt, another dive bomber to deliver frozen fish...

just a quick Heads up to anyone with REX TD HD, 2gig update, part of which makes it p3d4 compatible.....fire up REX, you will get told there's an update, no report yet just downloading now........whoo

• 2 months later...

An interesting article I found on the A2A forum, which might be of interest to those seeking a new yoke.

It was was headed as "New Yoke and Flightsim 2018 Cosford" and is as follows

Hi all
Lewis was kind enough to allow me to post an announcement here, I'm announcing a new product in development from my company Fulcrum Simulator Controls. No pictures yet as I'm seriously pushed to get this ready for Flight Sim Show 2018 at RAF Cosford where I'm hoping to have a working pre production demo of it - naturally running with A2A birds!

I'll be at stand 18 which is near the nose of the Ju52. http://www.flightsimshow.com/

So after many years of trying to find a yoke I was happy with and spending an obscene amount of money on various 'high end' yokes I was still facing disappointment. All of them have drawbacks, either not enough rotation and travel, no hat (which is important for home simming), dead zones, detents, notchy feel, the inability to be used smoothly with one hand - I could go on but I'm not naming names and I'm sure some of you understand what I mean with those observations.

I decided to try modding some of the high end yokes to improve travel, feel etc and after examining them and tinkering with them I came to the conclusion that I could probably do better, or at least as well but for less money. After all, as a trainee pilot I had access to real aircraft and as a long-term (very) simmer I felt I knew what simmers want.

So here we are, I'm about to launch a product at the show. I don't know how well it will do, it is pre production and still requires some optimisation before production can start. There are a lot of 3d printing parts in it, there are some cnc machined parts and there is a definitely non-production metal case hiding it all!
Aluminium casting for the yoke is delayed due to lead time on the pattern making so this demo will only be plastic although it is seriously solid.

To provide some reassurance about the commitment to this venture, we have invested thousands into this already in equipment, machining and product research and development. The local manufacturers that are lined up to produce casings, castings and machining are large scale manufacturers that currently produce a variety of parts in large and small quantities for aerospace and automobile companies. All the cutting welding and machining is fully automated which means they are happy to produce small runs but equally can quickly scale up if demand arises. This means that hopefully we can avoid the months long delays that affect small manufacturing companies.

I'm happy to answer any questions but nothing more on price or availability just yet please. I'm aiming for shipping within 3 months but don't hold me to that, these things take time!
Price wise, I'm aiming for it to be between the Honeycomb yoke and a GoFlight yoke but who knows with Brexit! 

I'm on facebook so feel free to pm me here or there https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols/

Our website is still in development but you can sign up to the mailing list there or email us directly.http://www.fulcrumsim.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah I have been reading some people over on JF complaining about the price, I may well look at it but not just yet......most people that have got it though seem very happy with it....iconic shape, 2 aircraft I so in the Army that stuck with me, Vulcan and the Warthog.....

I think that JF have a nerve to ask that price and then more for add on' tanker variant!  At that price, it should all be included......but.....

Boy, have they got that characteristic Vulcan howl off to a tee!  It is GREAT!!  I have noticed one interesting nuance....I tried an anti-flash white plane to fly and while opening it in FSX, the window depicting the plane when you load up FSX has it configured correctly, but when it is loaded and ready to fly, it has the RWR fairing on the fin, and TFR thimble on the nose.  These modifications were not made until after it got is camouflage!  However, it is a MUCH better than their previous offering of a Vulcan, and I must admit that I have written to them on more than one occasion sometime back to ask for them to update the older Vulcan.  At least this has happened and they appear to listen to customers.  Another one I suggested was the VC-10 and I am sure that I am not the only one. 

It is expensive, but I just had to have it as it is an iconic British plane, just like the Lightning.  Britain at it's best!!!  ;)

Now, all I want for Christmas is a nice FSX RAF Buccaneer to the same standard, a Jaguar, a Victor, a Gnat, a Jet Provost T.5............:stars:

Martin

I have a JF VC10, bought it back in April, believe it is quite a lite version though..........I think you may be waiting a while for the rest, as for the Vulcan I will get it but I want it just because I love it but wouldn't really use it much so no rush, on Novawings weekly YT vid he said the sound for the Vulcan was really good....

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 31/05/2020 at 03:29, Tristarcaptain said:

That should be a real challenge to fly, I wonder hoe true to life it will be? (given that it is AH) 

• 1 month later...

I see Just Flight are offering MSFS 2020 for sale by pre-order (3 variations £60, £80 and £110). Available in August.  Any takers?

Alas, I am still running a 4770K on a Z87 board, all be it with a 2080 super card.  Min processor it seems is an i5 8400. Think I shall be leaving it for now. At least until I do a rebuild.  Which I don't think is going to be anytime soon, given the uncertain times ahead.  :(

Another what's new......wait for it......my new computer!  It's nice to be able to run good fps with good texture and detail settings!  At least.....a decent set up for our hobby! :cheers:  I am a happy flight simmer!!

Martin

40 minutes ago, dogtrack said:

I see Just Flight are offering MSFS 2020 for sale by pre-order (3 variations £60, £80 and £110). Available in August.  Any takers?

Alas, I am still running a 4770K on a Z87 board, all be it with a 2080 super card.  Min processor it seems is an i5 8400. Think I shall be leaving it for now. At least until I do a rebuild.  Which I don't think is going to be anytime soon, given the uncertain times ahead.  :(

I saw the add for MSFS 202 too.  I think that my next upgrade later in year will be to PD3V4 (yeah..why not 5? Because I don't want to overdo my system) :yikes:

I shall buy it, if for no other reason than to support it in Plan-G (that's why I have X-Plane installed too). My 3 year old i7 + 1080ti should run it quite happily, even if maybe not at max settings.