Any FS news is interesting news, please share!

17 hours ago, phil white said:

I have pre ordered the Premium Deluxe version. All i need to do now is install another storage drive in my PC for it!!!

Sounds like a good idea Phil, I'm not for giving up P3D too quickly, I have one hell of an investment in it! :secret:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear All,   I would like to invite you all as Mutley's news hounds!   We all have our own connections, media feeds and FS site favourites etc. so if you see any interesting or entertaining news th

This one is for Matt, another dive bomber to deliver frozen fish...

just a quick Heads up to anyone with REX TD HD, 2gig update, part of which makes it p3d4 compatible.....fire up REX, you will get told there's an update, no report yet just downloading now........whoo

I am running three operating systems: Windows 7 (offline), Linux and Windows 10. After the new Microsoft Flight Simulator is released, I will be running four flight simulators: FSX, X-Plane 11, DCS and the new MSFS...all on one computer. I dual boot Windows 7 and Linux. Windows 7 is on two HDDs and Linux is on a SSD. Windows 10 is accessed on a second SSD via a hardware SATA switch to keep Windows 10 completely isolated. (I switch off my other drives before turning on my Windows 10 drive.)

I keep all of my old FSX work preserved on Windows 7.

I run X-Plane 11 on Linux.

Windows 10 will contain DCS and MSFS.

Dan

Edited by Soaranden

I have FSX, P3Dv4.5, P3Dv5, X-Plane 10, X-Plane 11 all on one 4TB drive. Windows 10 Pro. Can't be bothered with dual booting. Most of the sims are there purely for support reasons. I only actually fly P3D4.5.

On 27/07/2020 at 06:00, Tim_A said:

I have FSX, P3Dv4.5, P3Dv5, X-Plane 10, X-Plane 11 all on one 4TB drive. Windows 10 Pro. Can't be bothered with dual booting. Most of the sims are there purely for support reasons. I only actually fly P3D4.5.

I have just move to P3D4.5.  Still trying to get used to it.  I am having a few issues. :to_clue:

I think we all have issues moving to a new sim. Hopefully we'll be able to help you out (even if it's only through sucking of teeth and "yeah, shouldn't a done that!" ;))

Is gonna rescue the SSD out of a dead laptop for my next sim. 450GB.... that ain't going in the bin!!!)

37 minutes ago, Tim_A said:

I think we all have issues moving to a new sim. Hopefully we'll be able to help you out (even if it's only through sucking of teeth and "yeah, shouldn't a done that!" ;))

Is gonna rescue the SSD out of a dead laptop for my next sim. 450GB.... that ain't going in the bin!!!)

Thanks Tim.  That's what I LOVE about this site...very knowledgeable folk who are all too willing to help!  Hopefully I will be able to do the same for some people in due course!  I think that I will now be around a bit more than I have lately, as I was getting very frustrated with my old PC and FSX and got involved in other stuff.  Hopefully, things will get better now that I have a more capable PC which is optimized for gaming.  (Actually, it's amazing how much quicker it does other stuff too, like Adobe Photoshop Elements.....it just zips along!)

Have a great day and stay safe.

Martin

MSFS 2020

Any first impressions from the MH crew? I just received the ad on my iphone via my email connection. Looks like the software is downloadable. I can't because I've barely enough bandwidth to read the ad. I'm out on the boat doing some serious social distancing - been gone all summer, but I'll be home around the middle of August and keen to try out the new simulator.

Any chance that we (that's the Royal "we", Joe)  might need a separate forum to deal with this new version of MSFS? I mention this because the current MH FSX forum is really ancient.

Comments, Joe?

I'm a great one to talk - I've been absent from flight simming in general and MH for quite a while now but it may be time to crank up the old i7 and have a look.

Hi March,

Sorry for the late reply. The Sim is not released until Aug 18 but you can pre order it, a couple of the crew are on the alpha/beta testing and can't say much because of the NDA but the preview videos talk a thousand words, it is a game changer.

We have a topic going somewhere on latest news on MSFS2020. I will get a dedicated forum up and running towards the end of next week.

Safe seas March!

Joe

• 3 months later...

Ok..the new Just Flight BAe-146 is finally out.  It's been a long wait but it looks very nice.  I must admit that I am surprised at the price ($84.99), which leads me to this question....

How much would you pay for a quality add on for any flight sim?

I must admit that this is about the most that I am prepared to pay at the moment and I would turn down most at this price unless I REALLY like the plane.  I must admit that I REALLY like the BAe-146 family...:P.  I wouldn't pay that much for their Boeing 747 though, as I have a pretty good one, even though it is for P3Dv3.

Martin

Just Flight are pitching it as a "professional-level" add-on, and it is an in-house production. Their previous in-house developments have been superb and it has an impressive feature list. I think for a product at this price point should have some limited demo available as if you if don't have the skill or knowledge to fly it it's much better to find out before dishing out the spondulips.

I realize that it will be a study sim, but also Just Flight tend to have easy options to fly their pro- level stuff.  I notice that they have a panel so that you can have it ready to fly if you do not want to do a cold and dark start.  I must admit that I love the one that they marketed for FSX some years ago, and also released a load of textures including the RAF version which I really liked.  I am glad that RAF texture is with the new one!

Like you, I am impressed with their in house stuff...particularly the Tornado and am looking forward to the F.3 when it comes out as that is on my wish list too.  I am selling an expensive book on E-Bay, so may use the money from that to buy the current Bae-146! 

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE to Traffic Global from JUST FLIGHT

See changelog from JF Forum :-

v1.1.1.9

- 757-300 updated winglet texture mapping 

- Missing aircraft and flight plans - fixed

- Manual link giving unhandled error – fixed 

- Crashing on loading – fixed 

- Expanded flight plan database: A larger database of real-world flight plans has been included, along with options for increasing the amount of flight plans generated by the traffic compiler.

- Updated manual

A major revision to the compiler has been added to this version of the traffic app. Previously, the included database of flights only featured those flight plans that had a corresponding aircraft and carrier in the Traffic Global fleet. This approach has been revised and the database now includes all of the available flight plan data. Additional options have been added that will allow the user to control the amount of aircraft/carrier substitution and error-checking that is applied by the traffic compiler.

7 hours ago, OzWookiee said:

Hey folks, just wanted to let you all know that I have just relased the Early Preview of the Goose for MSFS:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/initial-release-grumman-goose-g21a-redux-ii/338063

Hey BeeJay, thanks for the heads up and good luck with this project ;) 

• 10 months later...