Any FS news is interesting news, please share!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear All,   I would like to invite you all as Mutley's news hounds!   We all have our own connections, media feeds and FS site favourites etc. so if you see any interesting or entertaining news th

This one is for Matt, another dive bomber to deliver frozen fish...

just a quick Heads up to anyone with REX TD HD, 2gig update, part of which makes it p3d4 compatible.....fire up REX, you will get told there's an update, no report yet just downloading now........whoo

Yep...it flies, possibly too well... I pulled close to 5000 foot per minute climb in a nearly empty plane. It has lighting issues all over the VC and cabin... I couldn't figure out how to turn the rear cabin lights off. Well, there's a cabin-light switch in the VC, three positions full, off, and half, none of them turn the lights off or made any difference. I think it's a little higher of a frame rate hogger than the average carenado that I normally use... I'm normally getting 13 to 14 frame rate, I was getting 9 or 10 in this one.

On the plus side, it did a very nice ILS Landing, which I normally have a very hard time with capturing the Glide slope... This one grabbed it quite nicely. Thankfully, because I made a rather foggy landing at Salinas tonight... With 8 passengers and 2000 pounds of cargo.

Last comment, I was not aware at the time but it is actually the DO228- 100 model according to the aircraft file... So 15 passengers is probably it's normal Max.... not 19 passengers as I was hoping for like the -200 or better series is capable of.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Flightport.de releases a Cessna U206 Soloy Turbine free - 6 types ( pax, cargo, amphibian, tundra ... ) 3 and 5 blades props - 12 repaints and paint kit  - allows use of payware GPS Flight 1 and Reality XP. Very good overall quality. FSX and P3D V2 / V3

http://www.flightport.de/cessna-u-206-soloy/

Edited by Corsaire31
  • Like 2

Just Flight Meteor F.8/FR.9 - Download now available

meteor-f8-fr9_22_ss_m_160921120143.jpg

Although the Gloster Meteor is regarded as typical of Britain’s Jet Age supremacy, its development actually began in the dark days of 1940 and the design, although quite primitive, turned out to be a successful fighter and evolved quickly through the 1940s and 1950s. Although the aircraft saw only limited combat in WWII, nearly 4,000 airframes were built in a variety of specifications, including ground attack and photo-reconnaissance, and served with many countries. Meteors flew as night-fighters, trainers and ejection-seat test-beds. An F.3 set the world’s first official air speed record for a jet aircraft on 7th November 1945 at 606 miles per hour. The following year an F.4 extended this record  to 616 miles per hour. One Meteor, fitted with Rolls-Royce Trent turbines driving propellers, even became the world’s first turboprop aircraft to take to the air.

Although quickly eclipsed by the stars of the late 50s and 60s, the Gloster Meteor will always hold its position in the history of aviation as the UK’s first operational jet fighter.

This FSX/P3D collection includes models of the F.8 fighter and the FR.9 fighter-reconnaissance variants, in a total of 12 liveries. The detailed virtual cockpit features simple autopilot functionality, simulated UV cockpit lighting and a retractable reticle gunsight. Other features include selectable wing fuel tanks or wing-mounted (non-operational) rockets (rockets non-operational), an authentic sound set and selectable identification light colours.

Find it here:  http://www.justflight.com/product/meteor-f8-fr9

Edited by J G
  • 2 months later...

Milviz has released a pretty little Cessna T-50 Bobcat.

Looks very nice per the videos I watched on the milviz site...one is a startup procedures video showing a mostly authentic start up sequence (sans wobble pump...non authentic fuel pumps have been installed...probably a sensible concession to unreality/convenience .

Looks like a lovely little twin, and has pretty spritely performance for the era per Wikipedia specifications.

Currently on temporary discount for the Release.

http://milviz.com/flight/products/T50/index.php

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

www.fsaerodata.com

Updates default navdata in fsx/p3d from 2006 vintage to latest airac cycle...

I believe this is the first navdata addon to fully update navaids, approaches and all airways for every default and addon airport to the same data we use with navigraph etc...

1 hour ago, Kevin Firth said:

www.fsaerodata.com

Updates default navdata in fsx/p3d from 2006 vintage to latest airac cycle...

I believe this is the first navdata addon to fully update navaids, approaches and all airways for every default and addon airport to the same data we use with navigraph etc...

This is excellent news. Why hasn't there been any fanfare about it?

Do you mean that this actually adds new navaids and updates changed ones within FSX/P3D?  

I'd be interested in whether this includes terminal waypoints, which are associated with specific airports and live in the individual airport bgl files in FS.  That's a tall order to edit them wholesale.  Enroute waypoints are a piece of cake - terminal waypoints are a whole different kettle of fish.

If it does all that, it makes the use of real-world, current charts much more useful, even if the airports themselves have not been updated to reflect pavement changes and/or runway numbers that have changed because of magnetic variation.

John

EDIT:  I just looked at their site and it apparently does pretty much all that.

JDA

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Holdit said:

This is excellent news. Why hasn't there been any fanfare about it?

Probably because you cant actually see it? Impossible to post a screenshot of navdata :(

I've been testing it with VoxATC 7.2 beta and when all the airac cycles are aligned it appears to work perfectly so far in P3D.

2 hours ago, Kevin Firth said:

Probably because you cant actually see it? Impossible to post a screenshot of navdata :(

Good point. I like the idea of having up-do-to date information in FSX itself, which I assume would makes its way to Plan-G and anything else that reads it. No need to buy Reality XP or F1 GTN now, with all up-to-date approaches in the default GPS units.

I've done a little further digging, mainly on their site.   I see a LOT of upside to this but two cost-related downsides...

1.  It's not a one time purchase - you buy this thing as a 1-year or a 3-month subscription.
  2.  A Navigraph subscription is required.

I'm thinking hard about doing this for the sake of being able to use real-world charts, but still need to look at the ongoing costs.

John

I already have a Navigraph subscription, so there's less outlay involved. But you could look at it this way...one month's Navigraph, €9.22 (then unsubscribe), three month's fsAerodata, €8.50, and for less than €18.00 you've updated your FSX navigation database from 2005 to 2016. You could probably keep going with that for some time before you felt the need to refresh again.

(Also. that Navigraph sub includes all their charts, so you could grab a few of your favourites while your subscription is live.)

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Holdit said:

But you could look at it this way...one month's Navigraph, €9.22 (then unsubscribe), three month's fsAerodata, €8.50, and for less than €18.00 you've updated your FSX navigation database from 2005 to 2016. You could probably keep going with that for some time before you felt the need to refresh again.

I thought of that and it seems a good way to go...

...IF the fsAerodata content keeps working after your subscription with them runs out.  I'm not entirely clear whether that is the case or not.

John

Because it involves updating the FSX database, it's hard to imagine that data didsappearing, but worth checking all the same. I'll see what I can find out.

CAVEAT: It doesn't appear to work properly with Plan-G (yet?). Plan-G appears to update all the information succesfully, but in the map view, only airports, airspace and ILS feathers actually show up when viewing the map. Navaids, airways and intersections do, however, appear correctly in the FSX flight planner.

11 hours ago, Holdit said:

Because it involves updating the FSX database, it's hard to imagine that data didsappearing, but worth checking all the same. I'll see what I can find out.

CAVEAT: It doesn't appear to work properly with Plan-G (yet?). Plan-G appears to update all the information succesfully, but in the map view, only airports, airspace and ILS feathers actually show up when viewing the map. Navaids, airways and intersections do, however, appear correctly in the FSX flight planner.

All showed up in 3.1.3.113, although the building of data seemed to crash halfway through.

I do see that the fsAerodata website states "fsAerodata works now with Aivlasoft EFB and Plan-G Flight Planning as a preview. Expect a more in deep compatibility results on next cycles."