Hi all

I would like to ask you a question.I planned a flight in pfpx from egjj to egcc.pfpx gave me the info etc when I did the performance with topcat calculated but would not give me the calculation because the wind was above 15knotts.as anybody any idea why this is.is it because egjj is a small airport.please any answers would be appreciated

Don't have the program but maybe the runway length and width are not adequate with a fully loaded aircraft and a headwind so your probably on the right track.

It will help the folks here to replicate it on there sim if you give them wind direction and aircraft type and weight.

I'm sure someone will help you get an answer. :)

Hi Carl!

We meet again....     :cool:

Unfortunately, your screen's a bit fuzzy from where I'm sitting.... (This is my gentle way of saying that I need more information than you have provided).     ;)

When you said "...when I did the performance with topcat calculated but would not give me the calculation because the wind was above 15knotts" what do you mean exactly? In other words —

• Were you running TopCat standalone or had you called it from PFPX?
  • What phase of the TopCat operations had you reached (W&B/Take-off/Landing/TLR)?
  • What version of Topcat are you using (e.g. v2.74 Beta)?
  • What aircraft were you planning for, and which runway of what airport (i.e. was your problem with the EGJJ take-off or the EGCC landing)?
  • What was TopCat trying to calculate?
  • And above all, exactly what was the message that TopCat gave you

If you could give us a screenshot of the problem, too, that would very helpful.    :)

Please help us to help you, and all that jazz. (As Brett also said...).

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

Hi Brian

It was the takeoff from egjj I was using the airbus a 320 from aerosoft.I was taking off from rwy 26.but I have fixed it.what I had done was when I updated topcat from navigraph when I went in to topcat it was still showing revition 9.1 so I wentitled back in to topcat and installed the navigraph latest airac from inside topcat when I did that it changed from revition.9.1 to navigraph 15/10 and then updated all the runways etc.I tried again at egjj and all is OK gave me the calculation.one more thing Brian is I aquire uk2000 jersey free version on the runway the numbers on the runway are 9 and 27 not 8 and 26. Is there anyway to change the numbers or do I need to get on to Gary at uk2000 to let him no about it as you have said the numbers changed last year

Hi Carl!

I'm glad you figured it out.    :)

Yup, the numbers on the runway signs are part of the airport scenery, so they won't change automatically when the runway number changes IRL. I'd draw Garry's attention to it — you can give him the link that I gave you during our previous exchange of views:

> "The runway at Jersey Airport has been designated as 09/27 since 1952. As the headings are now 084.38 degrees and 264.39 degrees respectively it will change to 08/26 from 26 October."   http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-28167639

It is not unusual for scenery makers to provide an update when the runway numbers change, but since those signs are more complex to deal with than they might appear it's not a job they relish doing, so be sure to ask him nicely!     ^_^

Also, if you are using the free try-before-you-buy version rather than the full version of Garry's EGJJ then he might perhaps be less motivated to make the change (unless he's done so already for the full version of the scenery), so ask him *especially* nicely!     ;)

Finally, did you know that Jersey is one of the few airports in this country which has a different ILS frequency for the two runway directions? Strange, but true.    :)

Have fun,

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747