Save up to 50% at the Steam FSX Event!

image003.jpg

It's that time of year again, folks! Visit our Steam store for up to 50% percent off FSX: Steam Edition and 50% off our fabulous add-on collection, including the latest Steam releases from Aerosoft, Orbx Simulation Systems, Just Flight, Carenado Alabeo, and much more!

Click here to visit the store section of FSX Insider to peruse our expansive library of aircraft, airports, scenery, and mission packs. 

Happy flying!

-FSX: Steam Edition Team

• Like 1

Hi John,

Take the 80% off £19.99, not sure what the discounts are on the others, perhaps they haven't updated the site yet.

We were asked to publish this news after 18:00

Try refreshing your browser.

you can’t argue with that price really,

Aerosoft run something similar two weeks ago it was 4 or 5 $

consider that EU to $ is almost 1:0.9 today; @5EUR it comes out to .50 cent difference,

for $5.50; pick it up before it expires even if you never run it,

Caveat Emptor, fellow simmers.

The first screen shows $5 (unlike what I saw the other day) but when you navigate through the purchase screens you end up with 50% off $24.99 = $12.49. There's no sign of the 80% off after the first screen from the link in the original post here. If they can't run a commerce web site how can they write a flight simulator? Oh, that's right - they didn't!

This kind of thing just really drives me to a slow burn.  Grrr!!!  It's not that $13 is going to break me but I don't like being taken advantage of, even by incompetence.

FSX-SE%20Price.jpg

John

Visit our Steam store for up to 80% percent off FSX: Steam Edition and 50% off our fabulous add-on collection,

The original post, which Joe got from them, says 80% and so does the first screen you encounter when following the link in the first post but by the time you get it in the cart everything is different.  I guess the "up to" business is the rubber clause that can be stretched to meet any situation.

John

• Like 1

Hi JDA,

The post I made was a cut and paste from their press release, I see now that they have changed the wording too.

It’s that time of year again, folks! Visit our Steam store for up to 50% percent off FSX: Steam Edition as well as your fabulous add-on collection, including the latest Steam releases from Aerosoft, Orbx Simulation Systems, Just Flight, Carenado Alabeo, and much more!

I have amended the title of this post and the text, please accept my apologies. Also, I will be writing to Dovetail's Marketing to complain, please note this press release is still appearing on other sites in its original quoted discount of 80%

Regards,

Joe

• Like 1

No apology necessary from you, Joe.  

I guess I was too early, then too late.  If I'd tried somewhere in the middle maybe I'd have gotten the $5 price.  I'll wait till next time.  It's not like I don't have enough projects to keep me busy.  Thanks for following up on this.

John