Prepar3d 2.5 + Orbx Green Ocean and Others!

Hello!

I have recently installed Prepar3d and Orbx England and Wales. And I must say, unfortunately, I am very disappointed. Lets start with an issue I think of as the least important. Anyone who lives here in Wales knows that the scenery is very vibrant and green. However Orbx's Wales scenery (and England) appears very dull, grey and generally a bad representation of Wales. If this is an issue and the beautiful screenshots on the Orbx website are not works of Photoshop please let me know how to fix it! Secondly, and by far the most important issue is the fact that the water is BRIGHT GREEN! As you can see in the screenshots below. That's not right! If you know how to fix these issues please let me know.

Adam HeitgZ1RXJK.pngO9HhvgP.png

Hi Adam,

I think we met at the Cosford show?

I totally agree with you that P3D V2.5 looks dull and bland. I would recommend you switch off the HD lighting. Now P3DV3 is completely a different matter, the lighting controls include brightness, hdr bloom and colour saturation so I am sure you would get the right blend for your preferences.

The green oceans could possibly be a landclass issue.If you are using REX Texture Direct then the water colours should be determined by that.

My advice would be to re-install the openLC landclass if you have it installed.

Hi Adam,

I think we met at the Cosford show?

I totally agree with you that P3D V2.5 looks dull and bland. I would recommend you switch off the HD lighting. Now P3DV3 is completely a different matter, the lighting controls include brightness, hdr bloom and colour saturation so I am sure you would get the right blend for your preferences.

The green oceans could possibly be a landclass issue.If you are using REX Texture Direct then the water colours should be determined by that.

My advice would be to re-install the openLC landclass if you have it installed.

Thanks for the speedy reply! And yes we did met at Cosford. 

I have only bought the Wales and England parts of Orbx and therefore do not own Vector or Global. And OpenLC says I need that on the website. Is it limited to Global?

Hi Adam, yes you do need FTXGlobal to use the OpenLC areas. Not sure why the water is green, do you have any other addons that might be conflicting with the ORBIX/FTX regions in that same area.  

OK so you don't have openLC, however, I think you will find that FTX Wales and FTX England for have land class build in, so a reinstall could be in order.

My advice would be to place a support ticket over at Orbx, there are some maintenance options built into FTX Central but they shouldn't be run without advice from Orbx.

Hi Adam, we also spoke at Cosford so welcome to Mutley's Hangar.

As I said at the show, I was unsure how to solve your problem with the green water, so I hope some of the comments here may help you.

Hopefully there will be more suggestions for you as other members around the world log on.

Let us know how you get on and good luck.

Brian