Airbus Aerosort 320 or a Boeing

Ok so I always fly GA but I have lately played around with the F27 and the Electra. I now want to learn something bigger but I dont think I want the huge detail of PMDG.

Coming from Bristol I am drawn to the Airbus. I have read Kaspers review on here and all sounds and looks very good.

Whichever one I get I want it to come with a good amount of paperwork. I do like it when they have a tutorial flight.

So let me know if you have this 320 and how you rate it. I currently use P3Dv2.5 and v3. I dont mind the price as long as the quality is good. Also my specs should be considered.

Thanks

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I get little enough time to fly GA let alone airliners, however, I do have the Aerosoft A320/321 and it is superb. I had a copy of their tutorial at Cosford to view. 

You can download a copy of the manual at the bottom of this page  http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=13112

Cheers,

Joe

Thanks Joe, I am much in the same boat but I would like to have one and gradually learn it. I have downloaded the manual, it looks fairly comprehensive. I saw the screen you had and took a look at the trim wheel which I purchased at Cosford but didint notice the manual....

Wayne

So I looked on FSS and A320/321 was £25...for another fiver I get the A318/319 as well...bonus... downloading now...off to do some work...hope to install when I get back then start reading...going to be a lot of homework I think....

> "... I now want to learn something bigger..."

Congratulations! That sounds like a Plan, to me. Even if you are thinking Airbus rather than Boeing.     ;)

> "...then theres real life..."

Ah c'mon, Wayne. 'Real life' is just an illusion brought on by inadequate alcohol intake.     :P

Simming is the reality! The other stuff is just what we do to be able to get back to simming.  

(Yes, two of my pink pills please, nurse, and this time try not to slam the lid of the box).

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

• Like 1

Wain I have the airbus 320/321 a great plane to fly and a good start to learn if you want to fly tubeliners.I got mine from aerosoft and not dear.if you you are going to get the airbus have a look at aerosoft.you can gat the airbus 318/319/320/321 in a bundle witch is a good price enjoy

@Brian.....yes it is a plan and it may take a while but I will enjoy learning...I have always been drawn to the bus...Real life I suppose is what allows me to buy all these FS things like Saitek gear, planes and ORBX........

@Sydney68.... yeah I saw that offer and jumped in and got it, looks a good model, but lots to learn......

Did someone mention Airbus. :). Wain, the Aerosoft Airbus is a great aircraft to cut your 'heavy metal' teeth on. The added extras likes the co pilot is a great way to learn the checklists and procedures. If you need any help, let me know. :)

Jess B

Airbus Gremlin

Just one quick question regarding controllers... I have a cyborg v1 jostick is this any use in the 320? For my GA flying I use my Cessna yoke..peddles and a TPM but not sure what is needed for the bus...

Wayne

Yeah for the most I use an xbox360 controller but not sure if that would work... it actually gives me good control with left stick...look around with right stick and paddles operate rudder...

So once I have completed the tutorial a few times and done some short hops what s the best tool for flight plans.

I use PlanG for vfr flights in AH.

Read Brians review on PFPX and that sounds really good. I do tend to go over the top with planning in PlanG doing waypoints to get me around obstacles and line up for runway...also always set an Alternate.

If used with the bus does PFPX enter waypoints etc into FMC or do I do that...dont mind either way...

By the way I thought the review was really helpful...

Wayne

• Like 1

You can even start off with Skyvector that include charts or some other free sites that give you real world routes for the flight plan itself but if you want to start getting into load sheets, fuel and weather you will have to go the payware route. It all depends on how much you want to get into it and how much you want to lay out cash wise. :)

Well me and the wife went to one of these designer outlets. I bought nothing....sale prices were like £350 for a pair of shoes... so I still have my money I had saved...just want to be sure PFPX works with the 320 in P3Dv2....I get a good bit of enjoyment planning a route and I think learning the fuel load and weather will make it even better...

Aayne

I would wait for Brian to give you the straight scoop but I think PFPX works with both the A320 and P2D(check their site first) and you can export your flight plan once you figure out how to put the correct paths in.

If I remember correctly you can buy PFPX and TopCat in a bundle by going to the authors site. :)

Enjoy the extra manuals. :whis:  :D

Hi Wayne!

> "....just want to be sure PFPX works with the 320 in P3Dv2..."

Two different questions, there. As far as P3D is concerned, I can't help from my own experience since I don't have it, but I understand that all that you do is specify the P3D base directory in the Export dialog instead of the standard FSX base -- just to make sure that the route gets exported to the right place.

Again, I'm not an Airbus person, but you'll find a section of PFPX called the Aircraft Editor.

Aircraft%20manager%20options_zpsodudvf96

If you take the option to add an aircraft from a template, there's a formidable list of aircraft you can use as a starting point:

Some-available-templates_zpsuyaru95m.jpg

You can either use the aircraft as-is or edit it to suit your own requirements.

Good luck! (I'd suggest checking out some of the videos and tutorials mentioned in my review to get a feel of things, before you start).    ;)

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

Sorry about the delay Brian, been away for the weekend, yes they both work well in P3D, have been watching various videos and am working my way through approx 100 pages of tutorial, cant wait to learn this, I never thought I would be interested in tubes but this seems to have got me.

I had an OOM on friday but was checking VAS on a program called Process Explorer and found that my previous jaunt in P3D and not closed properly so in effect had 2 running at the same time, stange that but I see on LM forum others have had that...

Wayne

Just a quick question....as I am learning if I run through thtorial can I save what I have done so I dont need to go over it again...example I get aircraft ready all done just need to taxi etc...can i save before taxi and go back and load and it will be as was left?

Wayne