Never heard of GTX, but if you're talking about Ground Environment X from Flight 1, it replaces the original textures of FSX. It is made to work together with Ultimate Terrain X ( UTX ) from the same Flight 1 which puts roads, railways, bridges and coastlines in the right place and also adds night lighting. For Europe we have now version 2.0 with improved night lights.

Hi wain

Got gex today and with having utx already

It brings the whole sim to life.fsx steam version is whole lot better than the default textures it brings in the sim.it feels more of a sim now than when I first got it off steam.I have built it up month by month with different addons but not going to the extreame and can see a big improvement.

• 3 weeks later...

How are you finding you scenery? I have utx and gex in fsx with dx10 fixer and all i get is really slow loading and houses popping into view really late... I only use fsx for IF10...have AH working nicely with P3Dv3 and does look fantastic...think I sorted that out after OOM the other week... is FSX just really slow at loading stuff? My CPU earlier wasnt at full workload and GPU rarely going above 20%... .if I didnt like IF10 I think i would ditch FSX...