Introducing FS Snaps from Mutley's Hangar

fssbanner.png~original 

fss.png Introducing FS Snaps from Mutley's Hangar

I am pleased to announce a new service for our members and guests from the flight sim community.

I have created a dedicated website where you can store your flight sim images for linking in forums - FS-Snaps.com

This is a free of charge service although you can donate via the site to help with upkeep costs.

I hope you enjoy browsing the site and please, sign up!

Cheers...

Joe
  • Like 3

I currently use a site that sounds similar to this one but as I'm dedicated Mutley member; I'll be creating an account :)

Planning on doing a 738 flight soon so this will be handy.

Thanks for the resource Joe - the flight sim community is spoilt here at the hangar.

You get Jim's pretend made up 'Platinum Award'

Well done you hehe!

Seriously though thanks once again for providing the tools keeping the community together.

Jim

I like the idea of spreading the bandwidth burden around...nice to see more hosting to handle all the posting. :)

So long as the other sites still offer the bandwidth, i'll continue to use all of them.. it lets me organize more appropriate burden/use for the view/use.

Probably won't be using Photobucket for FS  screenshots anymore...that hassle I'll reserve for non FS topics in future. <_<

Thanks again.

I tried to load some stuff last night but it wouldn't go on, I then noticed the thing about max 2MB, My PC seems to be loading them from screenies at around 2.25MB, just got to figure out how to shrink them! Wish there was a bulk way of doing that!

Hi Al

I had to set this sort of limit to help balance the load on the server.

Try looking here for a retired version of Paint Shop Pro. http://www.oldversion.com/windows/paint-shop-pro/ you can re-size and save as jpg's with better compression.

Alternatively, try Gadwin Print Screen http://www.gadwin.com/download/index.htm#PrintScreen the free  version, I am sure you can set it to record jpgs at 80% or something like that which will automatically reduce the filesize when taking the shot.

There are loads of free programs out there that will do this for you.

Cheers

• Like 1

You can also use Greenshot, another freeware which lets you decide in which format and in which folder you want to save your pics and also decide the key/key combo used to take pics.

I crop/resize my pictures 1366 wide in 100% .jpeg and they are in average between 150 ko and 300 ko.

For posting on forums, it is highly advised to use the .jpeg format.   The original .bmp format of FSX or the .png format are much too heavy.

• Like 1