HI everyone

I finally got around to installing the REX Essentials and Overdrive that I bought back at the end of 2013 (yes, I know... I managed to misplace the discs for a while!)

I'm having some issues with it and I could really do with a bit of help. I did find a really handy YouTube video explaining about installation, which happened to be posted by one of the original Beta Testers for the Overdrive software, but I'm still not having much luck.

I have installed the software from the 3 discs I was sent when I purchased it. At the end I am prompted to make sure I have run the installer (which I did).

I have installed it on a separate SSD from the OS and FSX in a separate folder called REX Essentials and Overdrive. UAC isn't an issue as it is outside the Program x86 folder.  Kaspersky AV was switched off.

All seemed ok. I set up my Profile name and did a backup of the configuration as it suggested.

I then went to download the Service pack to update version build 3.7.2013.0715 to 3.7.2013.1126 but the instructions state that I had to do the following as part of the Installation process for the Service Pack:

STEP 1 - Download the REX Download Manager.  Start the download manager.

Try as I might, I couldn't find any reference to a 'REX Download Manager' either in the instruction manual in the original install, nor on the net (apart from a few other people who were as confused as I was!)

The YT video suggested that the Service pack contents be unzipped and then the .exe run, so I gave it a shot.. all seemed to be happening ok until it finished and I rebooted. Going into the program, I was greeted with screens that were blank some of the time and then jittery the next. I thought I must have done something silly so I uninstalled it fully, cleared the registry of any data and then reinstalled from scratch. I thought, this time i'll play with it as is before I load the service pack.

I managed to load FSX from REX (as was suggested in the YT video) but I kept getting a pop up every 10 minutes or so saying "the weather engine could not be loaded. Please check that the file exists and try again".

Funnily enough, as I was already in the air when it started to appear, I just clicked ok and then my flight would un-pause and I would get a message on a green background saying "[REX] - Real time weather loaded successfully...."

I'm not quite sure what to do with it.. Has it loaded and I've just missed something silly in the configuration?  What is the mysterious 'REX Download Manager' which is quoted and yet appears to not exist ? :gaah:  

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Cheers all

Hi Steph,

Only just seen this, I will do some investigation in the morning.

I do have this program although I now use REX Texture Direct and ASN but I can check version numbers etc.

All the latest patches and upgrades can be found here http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/forum/21-software-updates-service-packs-upgrades/

Cheers..

sorry I have this but as a download, it is really good I use it both with FSX and P3D....just fired it up and cant see any mention of manager not even with a quick scan through the manual....

Hi Steph, I have this program and I don't think there is a download manager, I just downloaded the service packs from Rex website and installed them myself. As far as the pop-up box, if you go into Start-All Programs-REX Essential you will find a tool called Rex Database Tool. If you run that, a box will pop up asking you to restore the database. Do that and your pop up box in flight should go away.

Hope that helps

Adrian