Another free VFR Flight Planner

VfrFlight is a free tool for VFR flight planning developed by real world private pilot. It can be used for real world flight planning and trainings in FSX / FSX:SE / Prepar3D.
It is under continuous development since October 2013. 

http://vfrflight.org/en/index.html

I didn't try it yet, so no comments to add... 

It has a couple of cool features (a few maps&some calculations) but also looks a bit clunky in some areas compared to PlanG IMO. Then again if I started with this one I probably wouldn't want to try PlanG because I'm used to it. :D  One thing I do wish PlanG had was the ability to input a route string and build a plan off it.

I'll wait and see what Matt thinks between the two before I try it out it would be nice to see a comparison review.   

It has a couple of cool features (a few maps&some calculations) but also looks a bit clunky in some areas compared to PlanG IMO. Then again if I started with this one I probably wouldn't want to try PlanG because I'm used to it. :D  One thing I do wish PlanG had was the ability to input a route string and build a plan off it.

I'll wait and see what Matt thinks between the two before I try it out it would be nice to see a comparison review.   

Well...might be a non-starter for me. It doesn't have an installer, it apparently runs from it's downloaded folder??? windows considers it an Untrusted application, and requires me to download and install Java Runtime Enviorment...

Do I want this?

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I do wish PlanG had was the ability to input a route string and build a plan off it.

It does. Bring up the Quick Plan window (the "Direct to" button) ant type / paste your route into the box.

• Like 1