Windows10 and windows 7 Problem.

I have downloaded windows 10 to my main machine which is Sim-pc which runs FSX and all my addons plus PMDG NGX....but the menues did not work so I retuned to windows 7, FSX then worked ok..

That said, the following problem manifested itself...........Let me explain...I have Sim-pc the main computer running windows 7 and networked with my laptop Pilot-pc, running windows 10.........the problem is that I cannot access the C: folders from Sim-pc to Pilot-pc through the network or from Pilot-pc to Sim-pc...I get the error ..Windows cannot access \\Pilot-pc\c or \\Sim-pc\c you do not have permission to do that....The ? is how do you access these folders and get permission........

Can any of you guy`s help please...........

Kind Regards

Brian Jennings.

Hi adrian69,

Yes, just checked...........Still no access...........

Brian.

Hi Brian!

A few things come immediately to mind (although I have to admit that I'm sticking to Windoze 7 until Micro$oft absolutely force me to abandon it...).     :P

1. I'm assuming that you're logging on to both PCs with the same username and password? (Otherwise you may indeed have problems with permissions errors).

2. Have you established a Homegroup and joined it on both machines? That's usually the simplest way to share files in a Windoze environment.

3. Can you ping each machine from the other? (If not, take a look at your firewall(s), it/they may be blocking access).

Cheers

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

Hi Bruce,

?1..............I have different pass words for both computers.

?3..............I have pinged from both computers they are seeing each other.

?2..............yes I have Home group setup on both computers..........I have been trying to get ASN to work on my laptop but to no avail it is not seeing the FSX exe file........

Brian.

Hi Bruce,

The problem was the passwords not being the same on both computers,.a simple thing like that.............ASN is now working from my laptop......Simconnect is working, happy days.........

Thank you very much for all the help in solving this.......you are a credit to the forums...........

Regards Brian.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...