EFASS Electronic Flight Assistant

This is free and for IFR planning and exporting, it's a great tool. I use Plan G for all my VFR planning and moving map - but for IFR, I found Plan G a little too niggly.

I use FS Commander for my IFR planning of SID's, STARS and TRANS then I get my route and put it in this EFASS software - this enables me to export in multiple different formats and very useful for exporting to a plan file to use in ASN.

It has neat features of moving maps and all the bells and whistles but what I like the most is the fact it has a flight log and also if you zoom into the map - it provides ILS frequencies and also parking numbers too.

Just thought it was worthy of a mention in case someone was looking for a free planning tool that Plan G may not do so well. Plan G for me is my first go to and always will be for VFR; but IFR I mix it up a bit :)

http://froom.de/efass/

Thanks for listening

Jim

OK so while it was free for 14 days - I was like; yes sliced bread! But now I get a popup lasting 80 seconds on every bloody screen - so maybe not as good as I thought. Still good tool though.

This looks interesting.   I doubt any of my aircraft will be in the index of the drop-down box in the flight plan box.  When I look at the Wiki for creating your own aircraft there is no page at the end of the link!  -Can this be done in the current version?

This looks interesting and I will try it out tonight. I have used EFASS quite a lot and it works fine but it doesn't work very well when it comes to add new aircrafts, in my opinion anyway. And this is a bit of a drawback since almost all prop aircrafts are missing (even the Majestic Dash 8).

I have now made my first IFR flight with PMDG Boeing 737 with support of Aivlasoft, and it was a very nice experience. The program added all the missing pieces I had to be able to work rapidly and with control concerning SIS's, STAR's and approaches. I will get myself an activation key after the test period.

With Aivlasoft where does it get the charts etc? Has anyone used this for flights around the UK?

I like the look of this but just wanted to know more than what the website reads out.

Thanks

Airport charts are based on your scenery, SID-, STAR- and approach data is based on AIRAC-data from Navigraph (and later versions might have support for the competing product from Aerosoft).

Topcat helps you calculate your weight and balance, settings for De-rated takeoff and trim settings for take-off as well as your approach speed.

I use it for my flights in the NGX, primarily for the calculation for De-rated take-offs (the rest can be done easily in the sim). Not sure if Aerosoft (assuming that's the bus you are using) provide their own tools for doing those calculations, and frankly the de-rated take-offs aren't really necessary in a simulator environment.

If you wan't to go down the TOPCAT route just make sure there is a profile for the bus you are flying available in it since it's not possible to create your own aircraft profiles as far as I know.

I also use TOPCAT in the NGX - it calculates the de-rate take-offs as Mikael said but also provides with v-speeds and optimal settings for flaps etc etc. My opinion was if I am getting PFPX and it is cheaper for me to get both in the long run, then I shall :)

Would I recommend TOPCAT; not sure?

Thanks for the reply Micke. After checking with Aerosoft they say their fuel and planner works well and on the forum it says there are no profiles for the 320.. guess I dont need it then.. was intrigued to find out what it did though...

With Aivlasoft where does it get the charts etc? Has anyone used this for flights around the UK?

I like the look of this but just wanted to know more than what the website reads out.

Thanks

Airport charts are based on your scenery, SID-, STAR- and approach data is based on AIRAC-data from Navigraph (and later versions might have support for the competing product from Aerosoft).

After watching all the video's on this product I didn't see anywhere that showed the full charts, like what you can see in Skyvector and elsewhere that shows, let's say, a full departure chart for an airport. Instead as you chose a specific SID from the menu dropdown it will add that visual SID to your flightplan.

Am I correct in that observation or does it have copies of all the full charts you can access. I'm guessing you just get the nav data that builds the flightplan and you would need the full subscription to Navigraph to access the full charts.

Just trying to get a better understanding. :)