I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want....

Ok...I remember the Spice Girls, and I bet that all who live in the UK do....

But, the question for the weekend is what do YOU want if you could choose some aircraft to be done for flight sim.?

The limit is five military subjects, and five civilian.  Here is my 'want list'.

Military:

Blackburn Buccaneer S2B.  I mean a good one by someone like JF or MilViz.

Sepecat Jaguar (RAF version).  (Hint to JF)

Avro Vulcan to replace the current one.  Maybe a Blue Steel version powered by TacPack so that we can sort out the bad guys in the Middle east!!

X-32 (because it's so ugly!)

Folland Gnat (must have a scheme for The Red Arrows)

Civilian

Vickers VC-10 (Must have BOAC markings...tankers would be nice too!)

AW Argosy

Vickers Vanguard

HS Trident

Boeing Clipper (flying boat).

Now let the wish list begin!!

Martin

Just a few tube liners for my list and I agree with you Martin on;

VC10. I keep badgering JF for one and I know that they have done some research into it and it is the favourite of one of their staff, so there is hope.

Trident

Vanguard

Bristol Britannia

JF have a BAC 1-11 in development, one I will definitely get.

Just a few tube liners for my list and I agree with you Martin on;

VC10. I keep badgering JF for one and I know that they have done some research into it and it is the favourite of one of their staff, so there is hope.

Trident

Vanguard

Bristol Britannia

JF have a BAC 1-11 in development, one I will definitely get.

That's interesting...I have been badgering JF too for a VC-10! :thum:  They have done the Tristar and included the freighter/tanker versions, logic would say that should do a VC-10.  Maybe we should start a petition online for them to do one...?

I've tried Martin, oh how I've tried. Maybe the BAC1-11 is a rehearsal for it but I'll open a thread again pressing them for a VC10. Back me up! :thum:

I have started a thread in the airliner section...please add your name to the list and we will see if we can nudge them....thanks. :)

The limit is five military subjects, and five civilian.  Here is my 'want list'.

Military:

Blackburn Buccaneer S2B.  I mean a good one by someone like JF or MilViz.

Sepecat Jaguar (RAF version).  (Hint to JF)

Avro Vulcan to replace the current one.  Maybe a Blue Steel version powered by TacPack so that we can sort out the bad guys in the Middle east!!

X-32 (because it's so ugly!)

Folland Gnat (must have a scheme for The Red Arrows)

Civilian

Vickers VC-10 (Must have BOAC markings...tankers would be nice too!)

AW Argosy

Vickers Vanguard

HS Trident

Boeing Clipper (flying boat).

Now let the wish list begin!!

Martin

I know we all enjoy the visual quality offered by payware products, however, a number of these on the wishlist have been done as freeware and some of them are of a reasonable quality as far as freeware models go.

Whilst you are waiting (a long time) for a developer to deliver, you may want to explore some of them.

I think you will also find there is already a payware version of the Blackburn 'Buccaneer' available (and maybe one or two others) - it was produced by Flying Stations.

Cheers

Andrew

All of the below up to the standard of the JF Canberra or Tornado, or the Milviz Phantom.

Military:

• Blackburn Buccaneer.
  • Hawker Hunter
  • Avro Vulcan to replace the current one.  
  • Handley Page Victor
  • Sea Vixen (now that the SkySim one is no longer available).

Not a complete product but I would like to see a Nimrod based on JFs Comet Jetliner.

Civilian

• Vickers VC-10 (Must have RAF Tanker version)
  • A good auto-gyro
  • Vickers Viking (Must have the Varcity included) 

I would have added a BAE Hawk to replace the SkySim one, but the team at JF that created the Canberra and the Tornado GR1 are already working on one. - I hope this new offering allows for red, white and blue smoke like the SkySim one to go with a Red Arrows skin.

As for TacPak compatibly for military aircraft, I don't particular want this on any aircraft.  I want an accurate simulation, If I wanted bangs, then I would get a PlayStation. 

Whilst you are waiting (a long time) for a developer to deliver, you may want to explore some of them.

I think you will also find there is already a payware version of the Blackburn 'Buccaneer' available (and maybe one or two others) - it was produced by Flying Stations.

Cheers

Andrew

Flying Stations do indeed make a Blackburn Buccaneer, and it comes in two flavours.  It's not a bad addon but it needs a rework now, as does the JF Vulcan. There are couple of Hunters (Dave Garwood freeware, Alphasim)  as well, but they are also a bit long in the tooth.

There are three Handley Page Victors (Alphasim, UKMil, Vertavia), a couple of Jaguars (UKMil and Alphasim) and a Foland Gnat (Freeware by Brian Franklin), but these are fairly basic indeed with minimal VC and/or low quality skins etc..

Forgive me Father Gates for I have sinned. I have become a sim aircraft snob, nothing but the best is good enough for me.

For your penance you will fly two RNAV approaches and embrace all sim aircraft, payware and freeware, that you come into contact with. :P

• Like 3

Forgive me Father Gates for I have sinned. I have become a sim aircraft snob, nothing but the best is good enough for me.

For your penance you will fly two RNAV approaches and embrace all sim aircraft, payware and freeware, that you come into contact with. :P

A flight snob - moi?

Tut tut, we will be letting any old sim add-on in here next!   :anyone:  :unsure:

• Like 1

Daedalus wings...not those shoddy Icarus wings. I really really want High altitude wax and string affixed feathered wings.

With a pop up Altimeter/Airspeed/and VSI...because why not improve on the design a bit.

Oh...wait...airplanes already did that...

Seriously though...if someone actually is intrigued enough to do it, and can make a cool version of this. I would definitely buy it.

The FSX Eagle freeware is kinda cool, but has no VC/view of it's own wings and feet...but I love the concept, and it makes a very neat scenery viewing platform.

How bout a human version? Animations of wings/arms flapping, feathers reacting to the wind flow, string bit ends flowing or fluttering for "airflow/stall tells".

Preferably with a "Summer/Winter" livery set (I don't want to see a near nekkid pilot flapping in the winter...put some mukluks and and a down jacket on the pilot in winter livery...oh, and trousers or long beach shorts on all versions..tyvm.)

Perhaps with a Cargo upgrade/fanny pack ...for ridiculous AirHaulers like me. :D :D

A set of Classic Paper Airplanes...neatly folded, with adjustable trim tabs, in various versions; gliders, hand-launch, rubber band powered, and a battery powered electric App controled version that you fly with your 'smart phone' (there are little clip on electric motors you can add to paper airplanes...i picked one up at Fry's electronics toy section...cool stuff). But add a tiny "video camera" so that you can fly it in First Person mode.

Perhaps also with a Cold Start mode in which you need to fold the plane before you fly it. :D :D

Ok...assign the tail wheel lock to Fold in Half, assign water rudder to Fold Diagonal, assign wing fold to Fold Wing, ... gahhhhh ... F' it...Ctrl-E.