It hard to choose. :P

Carenado has the eye candy but the Flight1 version, still a decent looking model, has wing and windscreen icing modeled along with a failures mod. Flight1 has the full glass panel so if your a fan it would be the icing on the cake. I have nether but have been eying both. :)

The Flight 1 looks fantastic but is more expensive. I like the idea of maintenance but I am not sure if I would use it that much.

Froogle has done several videos of this addon;

and

and

I like the complexity of this model, but don't know how the Carenado model stacks up against this.   

I'm reading this with interest as I am also thinking about it, but for me the old B200 from Carenado will probably be my choice as I'm not a fan of G1000 glass cockpits. And the last thing I want to deal with is failures and maintenance. :)

At the moment I am leaning towards the Flight 1 model. I have found a lot of information on this version and all of its good.

I have visited several sites that compare the two ans it seems the flight 1 comes out on top. That's not to say the Carenado version isn't good, all the reviews are positive as far as I can see.  

I think the thing is that the Carenado version is very good, by the Flight 1 version is just that bit better.

I have both the Carenado and Flight 1 B200s.

The Flight 1 B200 is certainly a more complex model and when I'm in the mood for that sort of flying, it is the B200 of choice.

If I just want a more relaxing ride, I take out the Carenado B200.

An alternative is the new Carenado C90GTx, which has a Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21 Integrated Avionics System (glass cockpit). My recent flight testing of this aircraft indicates Carenado may have modeled engine failures for over torque and high ITTs. Any flight planning also has to be done through the FMS, as I haven't yet found a way of displaying a standard FSX flight plan on the system.

Oh...I just love choice and being multi type rated on everything I own.  :D

Cheers

Andrew

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.

I have decided on the Carenado version. It seems to be complex enough if I want it to be and I like the older style cockpit. and its cheaper.

This is the first Carenado product I have bought, It will be interesting to see how i find it.

JG 

Thanks everyone.

I have decided on the Carenado version. It seems to be complex enough if I want it to be and I like the older style cockpit. and its cheaper.

This is the first Carenado product I have bought, It will be interesting to see how i find it.

JG 

Enjoy JG, but don't be too disappointed if you find out that it's a flying brick with a plastic cockpit.  :cool:

post-519-0-23610200-1452610951_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Andrew

Thanks everyone.

JG 

Does the Carenado also have a Coffee Furnace switch?

That alone makes me want the Flight 1 version. :D

Froogle's videos make it look very tempting indeed.

Enjoy the King Air JG, :thum: just don't get to upset if some things don't work as they should. Check any unofficial forums for any mods to fix problems that Carenado doesn't care to address. :)

Thanks for all your replies folks. I hope the Carenado version is good, but i will have to wait to find out. My new PC is going back to the manufactures tomorrow :(

Shit happens I guess, but so far the after sales service is first class.

Not another hard drive failure I hope!

I don't think so this time.  Both drives are SSD and should be reliable enough.  The PC was a Christmas present and was going well until it stopped producing graphics output completely. Not even on boot up. :(

@ Brian - thanks for the sympathy, very frustrating, even more so as the freight company didn't turn up to collect it today as they should have!!

@ Brett are you saying that Carenado should be Care-nada? (to be anglo-portuguese about it).  ^_^

• 1 month later...

I have been thinking about getting the KIng Air 200 for a fair while now, and have read lots of reviews (There doesn't appear to be one on MH Reviews) , I think that the Flight1 model will be my choice, I know its more expensive than the Carenado model, but the fact that the nav data can be updated with Navigraph  has swayed me