A foggy morning

Its a great shot Marcus. Seems to reflect the weather we are having of late perfectly. Your ground reflection looks mighty fine if just a little bit true. All in all a very good edit you should be pleased with the result. Its just a shame you lost so much quality with your method of posting. I personally would of expected this shot as a JPEG to have been around 250kb mark.

steve

Its a great shot Marcus. Seems to reflect the weather we are having of late perfectly. Your ground reflection looks mighty fine if just a little bit true. All in all a very good edit you should be pleased with the result. Its just a shame you lost so much quality with your method of posting. I personally would of expected this shot as a JPEG to have been around 250kb mark.

steve

its not the filetype, its my fs. it dosen

How are you taking your shots ? I use a small program called FSscreen which allows me to snap away as many as i like and dumps all the shots into the folder the program was started from. The images are the exact same i see on the screen as all it does is replicate everything on screen wether its my FS or my desktop. No installation needed at all.

steve

The thing is your shots have artificing. This is caused by compresion of the picture. To reduce its size it reduces its quality. The result of this can be seen if you look closely around the btitish airways logo it looks very pixilated. The way FSscreen works is it captures everything on screen exactley as it as as a high quality BMP and does not compress at all so what you see will be exactley the same as the capture. Only through poor conversion from BMP. to JPEG for example would you get compression resulting in artiflicing/pixelation.

Also poor conversion can happen with the image host. In the past with photobucket, selecting to upload groups of shots would cause severe compression. Now thankfully its fine and i find Photobuckets album a joy to use and a 1000 free images is sweet.

Let me know your thoughts, i'm sure it can be solved.

steve

Its free. Here is a link. http://www.simradar.com/File/2791/FSScr ... n_1_1.html

The way i do it is create a folder on my desktop with fs screen inside. Then before you start FS just double click FS screen and it will open a small dialogue box which will be blank but in future show your last taken shot. You hit printscreen for a shot and it appears in which folder you put the FS screen.exe and thats it. Also you can use it for anything not just FS.

steve

Marcus,

:good Smashing edit! The damp and wet effects are quite hard to master with Photoshop, but you seem to have done a really good job with this edit. The 747 takeoff gives a nice effect to the shot and I like the choice of aircraft too! Well done!

George

Ps. Sorry for the late reply! :blush