Reccomend a Joystick?

I am looking for a descent joystick, I have a very old Cyborg? but would like a nice shiney new one..... I will not be doing any combat flight with it... as a minimum it would have twist for rudder and a throttle also with various programmable buttons....I have a Yoke and Rudder pedals but space is a bit tight at my desk, its also my office for running our cleaning bussiness from....I can be very lazy with my controllers and keep a Xbox 360 plugged in for my driving games, this works in P3D but is not any good with the Airliners.....this new joystick would be set up and left plugged in and must work on P3D as currently FSX is uninstalled...currently flying A320, DC10 and a few GA....

Budget is probably around £100.....

Any suggestions would be great along with reliabilty, the cyborg the other week decided to give on final approach in the A320, it wasnt pretty what happened next and the air was turned blue with some unpleasant language.....

Cheers.....

Cheaper than the Thrustmaster but still very good is the Saitek X55 which I use at about £190:

Pro-Flight-X-55-Rhino-for-PC-01.jpg

See it on Amazon here:   http://www.amazon.co.uk/Saitek-Flight-Rhino-Keyboard-Black/dp/B00HHAIY72/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454527853&sr=8-1&keywords=saitek+x55

Or cheaper still the X52 Pro at about £130:

PS34-001-Saitek-X52-PRO-Flight-Control-S

See it on Amazon here:   http://www.amazon.co.uk/X52-Pro-Flight-Simulator-Controller/dp/B000LQ4HTS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1454527789&sr=8-3&keywords=saitek+x52

I had an X52 Pro before I upgraded to the X55, both sticks are very good.

If either of these is to expensive then look at the X52 (not the Pro version) at about £100;

Saitek-X52-Flight-Control-System-01.jpg

See it on Amazon here:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Saitek-Flight-Controller-System-Joystick/dp/B00030GSJY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454528079&sr=8-1&keywords=saitek+x52

thanks Chaps, as nice as the ones you have shown me are, I feel they are slightly large for my space, I wouldve strecthed the budget to about £130 ...but I had an old x45? I think a few years back and that took up to much room...I may look more at Loics suggestion unless any further ideas come along..

The only issue I had with it was reaching across to adjust the throttle. I'm right handed and the joystick is not made to be used in your left hand, so you have to have all the trims very accurately set before letting go to use your right hand for the throttle. So, I developed this reach across my body - throttle routine. Of course you could always just use your left hand on the keyboard to accomplish the same thing. I really liked the throttle axis on that joystick. Nice smooth operation. Nothing like the HOTAS gadget that I bought with a sticky throttle. Maybe that's ok when you're turnin' an' burnin', but it sure makes for difficult approaches.

I used the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro a long time as well (  I still have one lying around ) until I tried the Thrustmaster T 16000 M (which by the way is made to be used by both right and left handed)

For me a lot more precise, and my Logitechs used to have potentiometer problems over time - but I was using them heavily in WW1 combat flight sims. For a less straining use in civil aviation it can also be a good choice.

Loic do you find the green light annoying or do you not notice it? I have a very cheap Cyborg (cost £20 a few years ago) but its very cheap looking and doesnt sit well, I need sometimes to hold it down with my other hand.....is the throttle very good? read that its very small and not prcise....

Can't comment on the throttle as I use it only for airbrakes on gliders in Condor.  For all other flight sims I use a Saitek Quadrant. The green light doesn't disturb me ( I have the joystick on a board which is on my lap, so not in my direct field of vision ) but if it does there are tutorials on You tube on how to remove it ( I think one wire to cut )

Lights are easily defeated with a spot of black electrician tape. :)

I had the misfortune of grabbing hold of a display model of a Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog stick and throttle set...OMFG. So freaking solid...and all those shiny AluMinyUhm function buttons. Now that I am poking my nose into high performance mil jets something like that is looking hella attractive...but NOT at ~500.00 USD.

The Saitek X52 at around 100 USD is looking more my style.

Matt I have to agree with you, Warthog is nice but I cant justify that price, I have my Yoke but my really cheap joystick is hit and miss, keeps not working at important bits like as I cross the threshold in the DC10....

Been looking at a steering wheel for my trucksim and ps4...saw it today at £100...£50 off so i had to buy it... joystick will have to wait a while now... give me more time to decide...

Been looking at a steering wheel for my trucksim and ps4...saw it today at £100...£50 off so i had to buy it... joystick will have to wait a while now... give me more time to decide...

Oh I enjoy a bit of ETS2, Been thinking of getting a wheel for that. What did you go for?