Announcing section 7 - The home stretch - Bidding closed

Hi Matt.

I think you're getting your time zones mixed up, it should be Sunday morning in California, not Monday morning! (unless the state of California suffers from a major earthquake, breaks free from mainland USA and drift far out into the Pacific  :whis: )

Although I fully understand how difficult it would be for you to join us due to the time differences I also know that the majority of those that join in on these events are based in Europe, and that they have other commitments on Saturdays, so Sundays means a greater chance of a big group joining in. 

This is why I have never attempted to learn Celestial Navigation despite my interest in astronomy, interesting and useful as it would be as a sailor, I'm certain I would only end up sailing in circles. Please keep working GPS satellites!...I don't want to have to rely on carrying mistreated crows as my sole means of locating land.

OK...I can Coffee Up for a 2am Sunday Morning flight...although, I do have a high tolerance and could still miss a landing and go out of coms...if I happen to be heading for a mountain or something, give a good yell on Skype to try to wake me.

Matt,

Believe me, if the call is anything like the others, there is absolutely no chance you will go out of comms. Based on previous calls and general experience with this lot, the only chance of going out of comms is if you have fallen off you chair from laughing so hard.

Cheers

Andrew

Guys,I'm not sure I'm going to be able to make the last leg back to Southampton..I'm trying to work round it but family matters might have me stuck up north late Saturday with little chance of being home in time. Will let you know if things change favourably, but it's unlikely...

We'll gutted! :-(