no Asus screen BIOS

I am thinking of getting some new RAM. However if I boot up my PC I cant see the Asus splashscreen and dont get the option to enter the bios.

I have tried firing it up and pressing the keys whilst its loading..I believe this should still get me into the bios. However this just causes my PC to lockup and I have to press reset.

Everything is working fine and I have no issues with anything.

I am on win 8.1 and all drivers are up to date.

Do I need to get into that screen after installing Ram or is it likely to just be fine..

Thanks for any duggestions..

Wayne

Although it would be beneficial to see the bios, I believe your system should automatically adjust to the new memory.

Just make sure your new memory is compatible with your motherboard/CPU. You can find out the compatible memory in your motherboard manual. But I reckon you already knew that.

I don't understand why you are not getting in to the bios though. Are you pressing the delete key immidiately after the first system beep?

That always works for my system.

Good luck.

Brian

A bit more info...I am getting a access violation warning..I believe its EZUPT which is part od Aus Ai Suite for monitoring and changing stuff..just found that changing the schedule for that to none makes error go... I will try this once I get home...

cheers Brian, I have got rid of the EZUPDT error, seems a common issue.

Cant enter the BIOS for love nor money, holding [DELETE] like the manual says just freezes the system, have to unplug from the wall and restart.

Could it be the fact I have a small 8 inch monitor that is only on when I fly and need to see the GPS on a different screen, this is plugged into the GPU but is not usually on?

I dont here any beeps at all when I fire the PC into life.

Like I said previously I have no issues at all just can not get into BIOS ......I suppose the lack of a BEEP could be the connector on the MOBO ...all the goolgling I have done come up with no beep and no video but I have everything working....

EDIT:

So after unplugging my small monitor from the GPU all is good........no beep but thats not as concern really......

Yes Wayne, I hadn't realised you had a smaller screen.

I have a tiny 5" screen that I built a gps unit with and if that is switched on during boot up it seems to prefer using that screen to display the bios.

At least you've got it sorted now.

Cheers

Brian