UK/EU SCENERY XP10 + other stuff

OK, so this is the last push I am going to have at getting XP to look good, I have downloaded the stuff posted by Jess at the top, I have reinstalled XP10 and updated, downloaded what I need for my Saitek panels to work, I think my TrackIR will work. Will be getting a GA from Carenado later, just a small Cessna and Pilot Plus seem to do a great version of EGGB which is my local, only £14 so I may get that later today.

So all ready to fire up and set my controls etc which is where I usually get bored with it and give up, this time however I am adamanat I will make it work.

I understand that UK VFR Scenery is only 1 season and no night textures so I think that is a none starter.

ALPILOTX ,(I think thats what they are called) do v3 MESH, its a lot of downloads and I want to be sure its the way to go. I dont mind payware if its good, I am used to ORBX in my P3D setup so if there is something similar point me at it please, I will always pay for good quality.

Initailly I just want UK and/or Europe so any recomendations would be great also any pics or vids could be useful, last time I installed some stuff I was not that happy and removed XP from HDD.....

Someone out there must have a good XP setup that looks believable.

Finaily I am a bit of a Airbus addict and love the Aerosoft A320  that I have in P3D, is there similar and do they function the same? Again I am happy to pay if it comes with a good manuel etc......

Thanks in advance for any help....

Wayne

Hi Wayne.

Ok, let's take a look.

You're correct, the U.K. Scenery is just one season, but the whole of X plane is one season, so it doesn't matter. Adding the GB pro scenery to the mix will add a tonne of buildings and more importantly, the nightlighting. Just make sure the go pro scenery is above the photo scenery in the scenery.ini file.

The v3 UHD mesh is fantastic, and free, but you'll need a lot of memory to enjoy it. There isn't an 'orbx' level scenery out there for sale I'm afraid. However, checkout the other sceneries from the world2xp site. The current Denmark and Norway scenery is brilliant. It's even better if you can get some photo scenery underneath.

Airbus wise, the best of the bunch is the JAR design A320. It's not as feature rich as the Aerosoft one and I wouldn't buy it at full price. Wait for a sale. There are two other A320's available, Peter hager' are ok, but expensive and not as nice looking as the jar design one,plus there are missing or incomplete systems, and the QPAC a320 has no 3D cockpit, but a good selection of working systems.

Let me know if you need any more advice, I'll be glad to help.

Jess B

• Like 1

Thanks Jess, do I need both MeshV3 and GB PRO together? I think I need to read up about how it goes in the scenery file to make it all work together too..

Wayne

I have installed GBpro but it wont load and says a library is missing.. what are the files that end BZ2? Downloaded them it says models but is a weird file...

Would you recommend Vfr photoscenery available from RC Sims? Never used photo scenery before..dont know if you saw pics on other thread..

Also how to you move things up or down in the scenery file?

I have found manual with info regarding ATC..Flightplans etc..cant seem to work out how to load aircraft parked at ramp instead of runway...

Hi Wayne,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Yes I'd recommend the RC sim scenery. I use it and it's a great option. As for moving things up and down the scenery.ini, well that's just copy and paste. As a shortcut, you can just delete the file and restart the sim, it'll sort itself out usually.

Finally, starting on the ramp is done via global airport selector. Not all airports have a ramp option, but most do. Iirc you'll find the 'ramp start' options on the right of the menu dialogue.

• Like 1

Thanks Jess...

Worked out the scenery moving and ramp..

Does Photoscenery work with HDMesh? Bit confused by that.

Just trying to sort flightplanning...seem to be learning something new everyday...

Wayne

Only have HDmesh and gbpro..plus addon airports..looks good but 2 things i dont like...no 3 actually.

1 the green is not good..its to light in places..

2 the roads/footpaths and how they are 2 colours I am not keen on.

3 traffic on the wrong side of th UK road.