How Do You Sort A Stuffed Up Post

Hi There

I uploaded my first post "NDB Problem", a couple of hours ago and in my state of excitement I pressed the "Post New Topic" button before I pressed the "Preview Post" button and checked the content.  If I had done the right thing I would have seen that a table I included got chopped up and spread all over the page, which kind of stuffed up an important part of the information provided regarding the help requested.  Would someone please advise me of how I can correct or retract the original post.

Apologies for the stuff up

Doug Weir

Doug,

Welcome to MH.

You should have an edit button at the bottom of the original post.

Sometimes it's best to paste your text into a text editor, e.g. Notepad, and then copy from that into the forum. That removes a lot of the hash that more complex word processors sometimes embed within your work.

Also, when posting, you'll see a couple rows of buttons above the posting box. The top-left one looks kind of like a paper clip. It's a toggle - when on it allows you to use the buttons to edit your text. When toggled off, the buttons are disabled and your text is displayed in the post pretty much exactly as you've entered it except that HTML tags, if any, will be honored in the subsequent post.

John

Hi John

Thank you for the very prompt response and the welcome.  I have had a look at the original post but can't see an edit button.  It is now after 1:00 am here, so I think I will wait until the morning before I try to sort it out.

Cheers

Doug Weir

Hi John

Thanks again for your assistance.  Had some sleep, back on the job and can now see the edit button you pointed out.  I think the senior moments are increasing.  Getting adventurous and using the "Add Reply" button for this response.

Cheers

Doug Weir