Using the MEBAR Test and Flight Situation files...for Dummies.

A tutorial.

... :wacko2:

No, I wasn't offering to write one...I am requesting one. Please. :th_blush:

And Thank You. :)

To clarify. I found where to copy the files (YoursTruly/My Documents/Flight Simulator  X Files). I loaded the MEBAR Test flight, and I am sitting at the end of a runway 28 @ LFRN, clear skies, and nothing on the flight planner, and no idea where to go from here. How do I  find and load the weather (I have no idea how to load WX) and the flight plan (It doesn't show up in the list of available Flight Plans...I confirmed that all three MEBAR 2016 - Test Flight files were copied and are in the Flight Simulator X Files folder)?

A tutorial.

... :wacko2:

No, I wasn't offering to write one...I am requesting one. Please. :th_blush:

And Thank You. :)

To clarify. I found where to copy the files (YoursTruly/My Documents/Flight Simulator  X Files). I loaded the MEBAR Test flight, and I am sitting at the end of a runway 28 @ LFRN, clear skies, and nothing on the flight planner, and no idea where to go from here. How do I  find and load the weather (I have no idea how to load WX) and the flight plan (It doesn't show up in the list of available Flight Plans...I confirmed that all three MEBAR 2016 - Test Flight files were copied and are in the Flight Simulator X Files folder)?

Matt,

At the risk of sounding rude, if nothing else than frank, please read the instructions for MEBAR and the associated Test Flight page and Event and Flight Briefing document carefully - they are detailed and self explanatory. This event format and the instructions have been tried and tested over 15 years and I am not about to write a tutorial for every situation - I'm sorry, but I do have a life other than flight simming and writing tutorials.

Nonetheless, to answer your questions:

1. yes, the files are in the correct folder;
  2. placed at LFRN Rwy 28 in clear weather for the Test Flight is correct - there is no weather associated with the Test Flight;
  3. read the Test Flight page of the MEBAR web site - all the instructions are there (http://mebar.mutleyshangar.com/test-flight.htm);
  4. no flight plan will load with the Test Flight or the Flight Situation files - we aren't going to do the flight planning for you;
  5. use Plan-G to create a flight plan (as per my reponse to your post in the 'MEBAR 2016 Key Dates' thread), save it and then load the flight plan in FSX after you have loaded the Test Flight;
  6. weather files are not loaded separately, they will load with each of the flight situation files for the flight legs; and
  7. the navigation instructions for each of the flight legs are in the Event and Flight Briefing document (again, as per my response in the 'MEBAR 2016 Key Dates' thread), create the flight plans for each as per point 5.

Cheers

Andrew

My apologies Andrew, and thanks...that got me sorted. ...as you said, the goal was to push our FS skills, I just got overwhelmed at the Event Skills late night after work.

I'll work through the event pages and see about getting a registration in soon. Any points for Last Registration? :P