Leg 64 - LIBP (Pescara) to LDPL (Pula)

This is it. My final leg before we indulge in the last minute rush that is leg 70. What a trip it's been. From the the old to the new, the large to the small, it's been a struggle to find time to enjoy life's little pleasures. So for this small leg, I decided it was time to slow down, take a moment and enjoy a little sight seeing. Well for about two seconds. I'm my case, slowing down was relative. I did toy with flying the Mitchell wing. But with a fuel tank smaller than a babies bladder, that proved impractical. Plus there's slow and there Mitchell wing slow (top speed is just 55kts). Instead i turned to my old workhorse, the ever reliable Epic LT. The dynasty is a super fast turboprop designed to fly at high altitude, at high speed and filled with high rollers. Not surprisingly, the company went bankrupt, but the aircraft is fantastic. It's great for short strips, launching itself up with very little runway, and it makes for a fantastic cruiser. So I settled in to the aircraft I call home when not in the A320.

Prepar3D2016-03-1620-48-28-37.jpg

The short leg takes place amounts some of the most beautiful scenery in the Adriatic. Missing that to just a quick hop would be a crying shame. So filled with a sense of adventure, I set off at dawn, taking a straight out departure from Pescara. Next stop would be split before hoping up the coast.

Prepar3D2016-03-1620-51-33-05.jpg

The morning isn't the best. It's a bit hazy, but I don't care. Me and D-LION head out from Italy for the longest part of the journey, crossing the Adriatic. With 113 nm to cover, the Dynasty makes short work of the Water, topping out at a leisurely 223kts. After all, I'm in no rush.

Prepar3D2016-03-1621-11-04-34.jpg

Before, the coast appears though the murk and I get my first glimpse of Croatia.

Prepar3D2016-03-1621-16-57-08.jpg

The coastline is stunningly beautiful and the mist gives the approach into Split a sort of Ethereal look.

Prepar3D2016-03-1621-21-25-29.jpg

From here though, things come thick and fast. My next airport is just 50nm away and the epic devours that like there's no tomorrow. All the while though, I'm enjoying the sights along with a early morning coffee.

Prepar3D2016-03-1621-24-12-20.jpg

After LDZD airport, I head up the Adriatic to LDLO. It's my penultimate stop along my route.

Prepar3D2016-03-1621-43-07-08.jpg

Set amoung the islands off the coast, the airport is difficult to find given the haze, however, just a few miles from the airport, the haze lifts and all to soon, it appears and I line up for landing.

Prepar3D2016-03-1621-30-59-57.jpg

From here it's just a short flight to my destination. It's to early to start drinking, so on arrival I plan on having the GA pilots staple, a full breakfast, hopefully lasting until noon and the bar opening.

Prepar3D2016-03-1621-40-48-11.jpg

EDIT: fixed the broken links to the images after forum conversion/ Micke

Viewing scenery through those incredible landscaped monitor windows must be pretty awesome. Feels almost like a wrap around view...while in the VC, can you see a bit behind you in peripheral view without moving your head?  :D

A lovely uneventful cruise to kick the baton a bit further down the road. Thanks for the stunner views along the way! :thum:

• Like 1

It's nice to slow(223kts) down once in awhile and smell the roses. ^_^ Lot's of great shots, even if I had to scroll five times to the right to see them, thanks for the ride along. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Great shots from that short-ish leg Jess!

I've been thinking about a flight in that corner of the world, and these shots makes it even more tempting...

@brett: That scrolling is now sorted thanks to the forum upgrade ;)