Saitek Trimwheel

I am having an issue, I am using FSX and for some reason my Trimwheel is making the aircraft bank left or right, I have been looking to set it correctly but just cant work it out, am I setting an axis? if so what? tried lots of different things but nothing seems to sort it so I think I am going about it wrong....Any pointers would be great..

Thanks...

It seems to only be with the wheeled beaver...strange ... which is a new addon... the one with floats i tried works fine...beaver is the only new think..is it worth getting a paid version of fsuipc and going that route?

Most important is to make sure you do not have conflicts - source of many woes. Make sure that elev trim is deleted from FSX joystick commands (not the keyboard stuff- just the joystick) in the FSX "Controls" Menu. Then re-assign it to the trim wheel - note the different categories in the drop-down box. 

I don't have FSX loaded to this computer or I'd give you some screenshots. If you have problems PM me and I'll fire up FSX for a photo shoot.

I agree 100% with buying the paid version of FSUIPC. All (as in everything) to do with the controls are run through FSUIPC on my sim.

Thanks Guys...I am going away for a few days but will sort when I get back.

What happens with saitek panels...I have radio ..switch and the autopilot..I use them with spad..do i have to change that?

Thanks again...

No. If they are working with SPAD then leave well alone.

The only Saitek stuff I have working on FSUIPC are the yoke and pedals.

Plus I have a host of home built switch panels which are also mapped out with it.

I don't have any problems now I have the pay version.

Good luck.

HIya

Just wondering why it is only one variant of the beaver...

If you are using SPAD, make sure that you don't have SPAD assigning your trim wheel from the Saitek panel as well as it may be in conflict with the separate trim wheel.

• Like 1

HIya

Just wondering why it is only one variant of the beaver...

If you are using SPAD, make sure that you don't have SPAD assigning your trim wheel from the Saitek panel as well as it may be in conflict with the separate trim wheel.

Well spotted Steph, I'd forgot about that one.

I have no first-hand experience with the paid version of FSUIPC (cheap b*****d), but have read in these pages that it's important to have each of your controllers plugged into exactly the same ports each time.  If, like me, you unplug and put your FS hardware away from time to time, you might need to have a system so you can be sure to get each wire back in the same port.  I don't think that's an issue with the non-registered version, but that version does not remember individual aircraft.

John

Good point John. The paid version definitely requires the controllers to be in the same slots but not sure if that is the same for the free version or not. If the FSUIPC configuration file only specifies 'beaver' as opposed to specific paints then it would be the same for both versions of the beaver. SPAD on the other hand is paint version specific but will always default to a 'default' profile where very little of the Saitek functions will be calibrated.

My saitek cessna trim wheel is calibrated using paid FSUIPC but I remember having to remove the dupe in FSX.

thanks everyone, just got back from a few days away. I will give this a go sometime this week. I didnt think about the trim on the Saitek panel I will check that.....think I need to make sure I know what I am doing though before I twiddle with this one.....can I set FSUIPC paid version to do other things besides the controlleres?

I always use the same usb connection for the controlleres and the saiteks are in a powered hub with the stupid windows power saving function off.....

I will post in a day or 2 how I am getting on....

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I forgot about this, I found that somehow there was a duplicate entry for trimwheel that had set itself to turn the aircraft, it was an axis that I had never set so dont

really know how it got there. All good now.

On a side note I cant work out how to change to RESOLVED, if someone would be so kind, thank you.....

Wayne