Hey Every One i am having some FPS/ Stablity issues with my FSX SE  I constantly get NTDLL.DLL errors i had to reinstall my flight Sim 4 times in the past 3 weeks 

Mods

AS Airbus X 

PMDG 737 Series SP1D

MJC Dash 8 q400

QW 757 

QW BAE 146 Collection 

FTX Global Base 1.40

FTX SCA 

FTX NCA 
FTX AU GOLD BLUE GREEN RED SP4

FTX NZI 

FTX SZI 

PC specs

CPU: Intel i7 4790 (not the K)

GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC 

RAM: 16gb DDR3 1600mhz

HDD 2 7200rpm 

OS Windows 10 Home 64bit

FSX Ver: FSX SE 

i can only send my FSX SE CFG through email or FB 

Hi Bryan,

I'm not using FSX SE so am unable to advise you as to what the problem could be but hang in there and someone here is bound to be able to help you.

Hope you get it sorted.

Hi Bryan!

> "...i had to reinstall my flight Sim 4 times in the past 3 weeks"

Ouch: it sounds as though perhaps you might need to try to stop working harder and start working smarter, to establish what's going on.    ;)

TBH, I'm not sure that SE is necessarily a factor here (although Windoze 10 might be, but I wouldn't know about that, I'm afraid). It's just that these crashes certainly occur on other versions of the sim, too, so I'd suggest not limiting your search to SE issues. 

I assume that you have checked out obvious candidates such as UIAutomationcore.dll; and also looked through your DLL.XML and EXE.XML files for any duplications or errors which might creep in during the reinstallation of all those aircraft and scenery packages? 

You don't tell us when these crashes occur (if there is any pattern to them) — are they always at the end of a flight, for example, or when you have left the aircraft to itself for a while?

You say that you have an "Intel i7 4790 (not the K)", so I assume you're running at 3.60GHz? OK, not blazingly fast by today's standards, but with care it should be fast enough to run the fairly hefty packages and scenery you list with the hardware you have — always providing that you keep the sliders to moderate values, of course. Winding them too far to the right will definitely trigger this crash.

(You also mention a Dell motherboard — is this a Dell machine? It's just that, if so, that may limit your hardware upgrade options).

TBH, you don't give us a lot to go on (these are *many* possible causes of this error), so perhaps your first step should be to log in to Avsim and download their CTD Guide from there: http://www.avsim.com/files/file/65-avsim-crash-to-desktop-guide-for-fsx-p3d-fs9/

That guide, even though v2 is two years old now, has helped many people to get a grip of what's going wrong, and should enable you to discover where to start, at least.    :)

Good luck, and let us know how you get on!   

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

the FSXSE version already has the UIAutomationcore.dll installed into it, was one of there first 'upgrades'....FSXSE not installed at the moment though as I had it when it first came out and there was an issue with FTX but that uis all sorted now... best of luck, find the cause though like Brian said, its more important to track down what is maybe a conflict than to just uninstall/reinstall....only other option is to use base FSXSE first then do exatly the same flight in exactly the same conditions as you add stuff but that is so time consuming and may drive you mad....no quick fix I am afraid......is there a log that FSXSE takes and keeps everytime there is a crash? anyone?

Wayne

If you go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools - you can go to event viewer. There you expand 'Windows Logs' and click on 'Applications'

Do this straight after the error has occurred and you may see an 'Error' in this list. It will show details on the error. Take a look and see if you can spot it - if not post it on here and see if we can work out what is up.

I have all those addons installed on my FSX SE except the scenery addons by Orbx - I do however have PNW and some airports installed working fine.

Also if you look at my setup you may see I have a similar kind of setup too :)

Make sure ALL your addons are up to date, go to each site and make sure they are updated fully.

Another thing to check is to make sure all your hardware drivers are up to date too - motherboard drivers and video card drivers especially.

Good luck mate

If you're forced to re-install again, you might consider putting your add-ons, particularly the scenery, in one at a time and try it for a while after each one. It may be that there's a bad actor in the crowd and that may flush out which one it is - or not.

John

sorry for the late reply i am going to post my current FSX CFG hope this helps also my ground textures look bad the airport fences dissaper 

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693751041
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693751041
D3D10=0
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096
NUM_LIGHTS=8
AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
AC_SELF_SHADOW=0
EFFECTS_QUALITY=2
GROUND_SHADOWS=0
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1
STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647
See_Self=1
Text_Scroll=1
MultiSamplesPerPixel=4
MultiSampleQuality=8
MergeDirtyRegionUpdates=1
DirtyRegionUpdateLimit=32

[sOUND]
AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000
PrimaryDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
VoiceDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
SOUND=1
SOUND_QUALITY=2
SOUND_LOD=1
UISound=1
AmbientUI=0

[Display]
ChangeTime=4.000000
TransitionTime=4.000000
ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64
NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64
InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0
InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0
InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoBrakesEnable=True
InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True
InfoPauseEnable=True
InfoSlewEnable=True
InfoStallEnable=True
InfoOverspeedEnable=True
BLOOM_EFFECTS=0
SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=175
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0
MAX_TEXTURE_DATA=24
WideViewAspect=True
TextureMaxLoad=6
PanRate=200
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.50
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.50
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.50
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.60

[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
ProcSpeed=17209
PerfBucket=7
HideMenuNormal=0
HideMenuFullscreen=1
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.25
DisablePreload=1
Maximized=1
Location=392,107,1432,886,\\.\DISPLAY1

[PANELS]
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
DEFAULT_VIEW=0
QUICKTIPS=1
PANEL_OPACITY=100
PANEL_MASKING=1
PANEL_STRETCHING=1
UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0

[Weather]
WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1
MinGustTime=10
MaxGustTime=500
MinGustRampSpeed=1
MaxGustRampSpeed=200
MinVarTime=5
MaxVarTime=50
MinVarRampSpeed=10
MaxVarRampSpeed=75
TurbulenceScale=1.000000
WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com
WeatherServerPort=80
WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0
AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1
DynamicWeather=0
DownloadWindsAloft=0
DisableTurbulence=0
CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=6
DETAILED_CLOUDS=1
CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8
THERMAL_VISUALS=0
OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=1

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970.0]
Mode=1824x1036x32
TriLinear=0
Anisotropic=1
AntiAlias=1
[AccelerationPack]
ControlsFirstRun=0
HomePageFirstRun=0

[CONTROLS]
Controls_Default=Standard
Controls_Current=Standard
KBDAIL=64
KBDELEV=64
KBDRUD=64

[TextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

[TextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2
GForce=1,3
FuelPercentage=1,4

[TextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
GForce=2,3
FuelPercentage=2,4

[slewTextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5

[slewTextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2

[slewTextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2

[Trusted]
as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe.zhoqlarichukoueuuazoozckoruuqbbcqcklkhbh=1
C:/Program Files (x86)/OldProp Solutions Inc/VFXCentral/VFXCentral.exe.ncqzkirtkazwlzibukwbunawawuukowqblkbqqhi=1
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMML\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YMML.dll.uzcaqruakbazkirtwebzratitqeluuhhbccctizn=1
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery\ObjectFlow_YBCS.dll.uzcaqruakbazkirtwebzratitqeluuhhbccctizn=1
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBAS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YBAS.dll.uzcaqruakbazkirtwebzratitqeluuhhbccctizn=1
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YWOL\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YWOL.dll.uzcaqruakbazkirtwebzratitqeluuhhbccctizn=1
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBTH\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YBTH.dll.uzcaqruakbazkirtwebzratitqeluuhhbccctizn=1
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll.uzcaqruakbazkirtwebzratitqeluuhhbccctizn=1
PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll.ezirncqhrbrbtetqwtihzcohuttqbzeluqteonnc=1
Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.ctcorzqobakrtwehebailhrobiuutoziwezocuol=1
RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll.aqnbciwkqilwbebwurtlaqqzwkculblzouhonwoo=1
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.abzknbncotucoqrnztwotkwzizobtztlchtkrzzn=1
as_srv\as_btstrp.dll.obuqkeqqriowrbizhobiureeutkoktekuikrzbcb=1
Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.rcicowuctzqrqeuckwnlaaluzqtralizioicnrrw=1
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\xgauge.DLL.aohuwtnbhzwakkzqkntchnenqtczqaibkbtwizhw=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\PMDG_737NGX.dll.czktnekanzlhucbwiezcwrencecoteztrtucebea=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\DLLs\fmgs.dll.hzaiiwltnetibllkblahazlzreqbwrnlekkzhcra=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\Airbus_ECAMD2D.dll.wbwibbaotheaokkuroukanrwwrhhkqintaoehbon=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\ASC.DLL.tknerrlrhzbeouqcaucochbclnrianwquczwqnnb=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\ND\AB_ND_GDI.dll.cequzkueacbnothckqcwuwthwurouirhrkibbibw=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\DLLs\AsInput.dll.qhezqaktnbuitckibikeetktranclbzulazzhzak=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\DLLs\FBW.dll.uwqrzoqtlnlclwaaaklehoeznzlerkwuaebbewbb=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\AirbusXE2.dll.zcuuorqtcchbiiqwuuooohwccaoibllluzleqwtw=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\AirbusXE.dll.koincbuaklcellwahhqnhkbocbcrrnwbhuelhntl=2

[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000
YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000
MaxHeadAngle=5.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.300000
HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000

[VirtualCopilot]
VirtualCopilotActive=1

[uSERINTERFACE]
PageID=1
SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0
PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1
PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1
SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM
OpenATCOnCreate=0
Map_Orientation=2
ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1
SelectAircraftManufacturer=All
SelectAircraftPublisher=All
SelectAircraftType=All
DisplayFuelAsWeight=0

[ATC]
ShowATCText=1
COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFF
COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6
COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21B
COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00
COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840
AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1
UsePilotVoice=1
PilotVoice=0

[PointOfInterestSystem]
CycleSetting=0

[sCENERY]
LENSFLARE=1
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5
SmallPartRejectRadius=0.0
MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=3

[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=0
GADensity=0
FreewayDensity=0
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0
LeisureBoatsDensity=0
IFROnly=0
AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=0

[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=4.500000
MESH_COMPLEXITY=100
MESH_RESOLUTION=23
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29
AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
WATER_EFFECTS=6
SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=0
UseGlobalTerrainView=True
BATCH_AUTOGEN2=2

[AContain]
ShowLabels=1
ShowUserLabel=1
ShowLabelManufacturer=1
ShowLabelModel=1
ShowLabelTailNumber=1
ShowLabelDistance=1
ShowLabelAltitude=1
ShowLabelAirline=0
ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0
ShowLabelFlightPlan=0
ShowLabelContainerId=0
ShowLabelAirspeed=0
ShowLabelHeading=0
LabelDelay=1000
LabelColor=FFFF0000

[iNTERNATIONAL]
ASLAT=2
ASLON=0
MEASURE=0

[REALISM]
PFactor=0.000000
Torque=0.000000
GyroEffect=0.000000
CrashTolerance=0.000000
General=0.000000
UnlimitedFuel=True
AllowEngineDamage=False
TrueAirspeed=False
AutoCoord=False
RealMixture=False
StressDamage=False
GEffect=False
ManualLights=False
GyroDrift=False
CrashWithDyn=False
CrashDetection=False
AutoTrim=False

[sIM]
SYSCLOCK=1
OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1
DISABLEPRELOAD=1

[sTARTUP]
DEMO=0
SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1
STARTUP_DEMO=
LoadWindow=1

[bUFFERPOOLS]
Usepools=0
Poolsize=0

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14

[FACILITIES]
COUNTRY=
STATE=
CITY=
GTL_BUTTON=1261
[Misc]
Com_Rate=7
[FlightPlanMap]
LineWidth=2
SHOW_AIRPORTS=1
SHOW_VORS=1
SHOW_NDBS=1
SHOW_APPROACHES=1
SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1
SHOW_VICTOR=1
SHOW_JET=1
SHOW_AIRSPACE=1
SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1
SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1
SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1
SHOW_DATATAGS=1
SHOW_TERRAIN=1
show_waypoints=1
show_airways=1
show_markers=1
show_volume_boundaries=1
show_ac_twr=1
[MAPVIEW_MAP]
SHOW_AIRPORTS=1
SHOW_VORS=1
SHOW_NDBS=1
SHOW_APPROACHES=1
SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1
SHOW_VICTOR=1
SHOW_JET=1
SHOW_AIRSPACE=1
SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1
SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1
SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1
SHOW_DATATAGS=1
SHOW_TERRAIN=1
show_flight_history=1
[MULTIPLAYER]
condAccoutPassword=0

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14316.1000, time stamp: 0x5700c4f4

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0005da68

Faulting process id: 0x25b4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1946895535833

Faulting application path: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: c724ef45-0a42-4967-aea5-162f84897518

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Nothing really stands out from your config file - but you could always try and delete it (backup first if need be) and restart FSX - let the config file be created again and do a flight with default settings. 

Another thing to try that may help is running FSX in compatibility mode - it may be a Windows 10 issue as that dll is found in the main windows directory. 

If you do have time, I would follow suit with everyone else too and re-install a fresh and try FSX without any addons installed. 

Do you have the latest Nvidia drivers? if so do a check and see if there has been a problem with the latest driver, you might have to fall back to the next to last one. Check this out to, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/programs-close-faulting-module-ntdlldll/54aaaec5-2b53-4e9f-b9a7-b7889a1cd4b6?auth=1

What about max texture load..have u reduced that to 2046 and did it improve?

How much gig have you got on the 970?

Was the sim working fine at any stage and if so can you remember anything you changed or added before it went wrong?

I really think trying compatibility mode in windows 10 is worth a shot - if that don't work, then reinstall fresh FSX SE and just try that before any addons. 

Install an addon one at a time and check the outcomes. 

The joys of FSX unfortunately; someone with exactly the same system can have it working perfectly while the next guy struggles. Once you get it right though back up all your configs and settings - keep them forever and job should be a good'en :)

When you use FSX is anything or are you using IE? A quick look into your error seems to point at IE...can you try FSX with no internet? Mind you if using FSXSE I think that uses online mode...

if i run my Sim in capability mode it just crashes upon start up and i a running on a fresh install of FSX SE its about a week old 

With no addons installed?

This seems strange as you would expect the vanilla steam edition install to work straight out the box as it were. 

Have you run windows update and updated fully too?

Have you changed the installation path for Steam or is it installed in C:\program files ?

Since windows limits the possibilities for programs to write in folders located here it's a big no no to install the boxed version of FSX in this location if using Windows Vista or newer, and I assume it's the same for FSX:SE..

If Steam, and thus you installation of FSX:SE, is in program files try creating a new Steam library (most likely found under Settings-Downloads, I'm running Steam in Swedish so I have to guess on the translation).. At the top of that settings-section in Steam there should be a button labeled "Library Folders for Steam" or something Similar. Click it and then click "Add library folder" at the bottom left of the dialog that popped up and browse to an appropriate location outside the Program Files folder.. Then re-install FSX:SE to that new folder.

EDIT: Adjusted typo..

Have you changed the installation path from Steam or is it installed in C:\program files ?

Since windows limits the possibilities for programs to write in folders located here it's a big no no to install the boxed version of FSX in this location if using Windows Vista or newer, and I assume it's the same for FSX:SE..

If Steam, and thus you installation of FSX:SE, is in program files try creating a new Steam library (most likely found under Settings-Downloads, I'm running Steam in Swedish so I have to guess on the translation).. At the top of that settings-section in Steam there should be a button labeled "Library Folders for Steam" or something Similar. Click it and then click "Add library folder" at the bottom left of the dialog that popped up and browse to an appropriate location outside the Program Files folder.. Then re-install FSX:SE to that new folder.

That is a good call - also I turn UAC off too in control panel security settings.