What am doing wrong...

Hi, I am trying to do the tutorial flight in the Saab 340A for Xplane. I have the following route-

KBOS - PUT(117.40) - HFD(114.90) - MAD(110.40) - CCC(117.20) - BBN NDB - KJFK.

Now I can easlily put start and finish into Plan-G but I cant find the other waypoints, can someone explain how I get them. I have create the XP database. I was using the VOR / NDB search but when I input the name nothing happens. I have looked through the manual but still dont get what I need to do.

Appreciate any help, thanks

Wayne

I suspect, but don't know for a fact, that you are running into the limitations of X-Plane.  If I understand correctly, its view of the world is pretty minimal, i.e about 1200-1500 airports total, compared to about 30,000 in FSX.  I suspect that their library of navaids is similarly limited.  I may be all wet and that may not be it at all but it makes as much sense as anything else I can think of.

John

No, X-Plane has many more airports than FSX has, and its navigation data is much more up to date, too.

I don't know why you're not seeing the naviads in a search, but if you look at the plan on the map, you should be able to spot them either side of the route. VORs are shown in blue with a large compass rose, and NDBs in green as a series of radial dots. Click on Edit Mode in the ribbon, and then simply drag the grab handles onto the navaid. You may need to zoom in if there are several close together.

Thank you both.... lots of airports in XP but lack of buildings but its coming on.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled..now scanning which is taking ages but I am out for a few hours soon so I will just leave it to it.

I think it may be me..I have added and removed some XP scenery so I think it needed to scan data again to sort it.

I have task manager on and once it starts writing airports it show PlanG hardly uses any CPU...on scan apt.data it was up in 20%...

Wayne

Ok all sorted now. All my fault. I always keep downloads backed up to an ext HDD...I hadnt updated planG so when reinstalled I put an old version on that wasnt working with XP10.4x...sorry my bad...thanks again though...

Wayne