Hi all,

I am going to be in the market soon for a new monitor and was wondering what all of your thoughts were. At the moment I have a basic desk top PC with a Sharpe TV/monitor attached to it. It is okay but lacks quality.

My plan is to purchase a dedicated PC for flight simming in approx 6 months time so in the meantime I am thinking about buying a new monitor for now and in readiness for when the new PC arrives.

I may go for a double, or even triple screen set up in the future so does the purchase I am about to make have an impact on this because rather than splashing out on a lot of monitors now I was going to slowly build them up.

Any thoughts?

Mike 

I currently have a triple monitor setup which I have arrived at after going through all sorts of combinations.

I have a 40" TV as my main monitor, (these are very cheap now at places like supermarkets) and two supporting 19 inch monitors. I use the supporting monitors for instruments and various other windows such as the GPS and kneeboard etc.The latter two monitors are mounted in a panel.  The instruments I use are provided by SimPlugins Panel Builder

10 minutes ago, wain said:

The curved one Joe had last year as Cosford was nice, but probably no good for multiscreen set up.....

Funny you should say that, yesterday I was running with a 23" tagged alongside my 34" curved and got this result, I'm sure I can add another 23" on the other side if needed but I am running out of desk space!

wide.jpg

I would definitely recommend a 34" curved screen as a starting place but they're still very expensive.

I dream of a triple screen setup made up of three 34" curved monitors, like the obit or Joe has. It has superb resolution and clarity.

On 5/3/2016 at 07:46, mutley said:

Funny you should say that, yesterday I was running with a 23" tagged alongside my 34" curved and got this result, I'm sure I can add another 23" on the other side if needed but I am running out of desk space!

wide.jpg

I would definitely recommend a 34" curved screen as a starting place but they're still very expensive.

Clarify please: Do you mean that this image above is a combination of your 34" plus the 23" stitched together as an "extended monitor"?

Or is this just the view through just the 34" screen, which you use in combo with a 23 on the side for "windows" and "FS utilities"?

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2016 at 16:16, Captain Coffee said:

Clarify please: Do you mean that this image above is a combination of your 34" plus the 23" stitched together as an "extended monitor"?

Or is this just the view through just the 34" screen, which you use in combo with a 23 on the side for "windows" and "FS utilities"?

Sorry Matt, only just saw your post, I had the sim spanning both screens so it is an extended monitor as you say.  

On 2016-05-05 at 11:03, needles said:

I dream of a triple screen setup made up of three 34" curved monitors, like the obit or Joe has. It has superb resolution and clarity.

So, what are you going to do with that 4K screen of yours if you do buy three of those curved things?? ;) 

2 hours ago, stu7708 said:

So, what are you going to do with that 4K screen of yours if you do buy three of those curved things?? ;) 

Ah Micke that would be used for Plan-G. 

With my eyesight every pixel counts! 

:old-git:

On 5/19/2016 at 23:56, brett said:

Good luck with the new home Mike:thum: and don't worry, we won't tell your boss.^_^

Thanks Brett, the sad thing is I am the boss but we are so busy at the moment I feel guilty playing around on here whilst all the staff are run off their feet. Still needs must :D