Just Flight - de Havilland DH.98 'Mosquito' FB Mk. VI

45 minutes ago, Kevin Firth said:

In terms of its VC, what parts/controls are inop please?

Could you compare its quality/completeness to other major well known brands to give an indication of the mossie's quality level please? Cheers K!

Kevin,

Try reading the Just Flight product page.

The link at the end of the review takes you to the product page at Just Flight and this page details the various operating features of the VC cockpit. Nonetheless, just like other military aircraft add-ons, this is nothing more than a military aircraft modelled for FSX / P3D and, as such, the modelled functionality of the VC is for general aviation flying.

As clearly mentioned in the review, it has additional 'cosmetic' elements, such as operating bomb bay doors, and removable access panels for the cannon bay and engines.

Reviews at Mutley's Hangar are not based on a comparative analysis. Nor do the reviewers have unlimited resources or time to conduct such analyses.

You glibly refer to "...other major well known brands..." yet fail to be specific. The only other payware version of the de Havilland DH.98 'Mosquito' that I am aware of is the one also produced by Just Flight which is now very dated as it was compatible with FS 2004 / FSX.

Failing all of the above, again, by visiting the product page at Just Flight, you can download a demo version of this reviewed product which provides a fully usable version for a limited time.

• Like 1

I completely forgot that some of the manufacturers have "demo" versions. I have never taken advantage of that because I usually WANT a plane and I am rarely On the Fence regarding an addon...but for times when the fence between you and a purchase is "What actualy works in the VC"...that's a good call for trying out the demo. Thanks for the reminder Andrew!

There are several aircraft in my hangar that I wish I had tried a demo version first :(

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Andrew Godden said:

Kevin,

Try reading the Just Flight product page.

The link at the end of the review takes you to the product page at Just Flight and this page details the various operating features of the VC cockpit. Nonetheless, just like other military aircraft add-ons, this is nothing more than a military aircraft modelled for FSX / P3D and, as such, the modelled functionality of the VC is for general aviation flying.

As clearly mentioned in the review, it has additional 'cosmetic' elements, such as operating bomb bay doors, and removable access panels for the cannon bay and engines.

Reviews at Mutley's Hangar are not based on a comparative analysis. Nor do the reviewers have unlimited resources or time to conduct such analyses.

You glibly refer to "...other major well known brands..." yet fail to be specific. The only other payware version of the de Havilland DH.98 'Mosquito' that I am aware of is the one also produced by Just Flight which is now very dated as it was compatible with FS 2004 / FSX.

Failing all of the above, again, by visiting the product page at Just Flight, you can download a demo version of this reviewed product which provides a fully usable version for a limited time.

Oh so many issues..

Im in the middle of a big house renovation and only have my phone to access the internet on.  Consequently the quality I can see on it doesn't lend itself to decision making on visual quality!  

As the review mentioned some controls are inop, I dont think it unreasonable to ask what they are... so as to make a judgement as to whether it would affect my enjoyment of the product.  (Ive bought products before which have subsequently languished unused because they were either v poor texture/modelling quality or lacking systems-wise :( )

I didn't ask for or expect a direct comparison with another specific product, nor was my reference to other well known brands 'glib'.  I hope the reviewer would be able to give a broad indication as to the quality and feature level by reference to other developers or products which have an established reputation ie: PMDG is I would say accurately thought of as a developer producing feature rich quality products, while for example Carenado generally seems to have a track record of visually appealing models with limited syatems functionality.  I deliberately didnt mention any devs in my first post as I would have liked the reviewers own opinion untainted by any suggestions of mine :)

I cannot try the demo version on my phone for obvious reasons, and while I considered purchasing the mossie for later use, i just wasn't convinced by the pics I could see on my phone, hence why I waited for it to be reviewed :)

I hope John can help me out with that? :P

Cheers K

As unfortunate it is for you, your personal life issues, renovations, and a lack of Internet are not our problem or concern.

In my capacity as Head of Reviews, you have been provided an official response. That response clearly stated that, "...Reviews at Mutleys's Hangar are not based on a comparative analysis...". Therefore, you will not be provided with an opinion as to the level of quality and features by referencing other developers and/or products. Even if we were to do such comparative analyses, it would be against a like product, that is another DH.98 'Mosquito', not just some general reference to the quality and features of generic products from other developers.

Furthermore, our reviews are provided as an assessment of a product against certain criteria. They do not replace fundamental information which is provided on the developers web site, or in other reviews or assessments of the product - our reviews augment these. As was pointed out to you, information on Just Flight's product page will answer some of your questions, other answers can be sought by other means, such as the demo version (something you may have to accept putting off until your personal life is in less turmoil), and some questions will not be answered here - we would not want to taint your decision with personal opinion.

This product scored a 9.5 with an 'Outstanding' recommendation and a Mutley's Hangar Gold Award. The review and the Reviewers comments support this. The rest of the decision process is up to you.

This matter is now closed.

On 5/15/2016 at 07:08, Kevin Firth said:

In terms of its VC, what parts/controls are inop please?

Could you compare its quality/completeness to other major well known brands to give an indication of the mossie's quality level please? Cheers K!

======================================================================================================================================

Value for Money

Priced at £24.99 this offering is excellent value for money. It is priced lower than some top end military add-ons which are available, nonetheless it matches many of them in quality and complexity.

======================================================================================================================================

^^^Bout as close as you're going to get to a comparative analysis...and a decent indication at that. :)

Cheers.

Agree with UKJim...it looks like a lovely bird, the review was a terrific read, especially with John's history background (thanks for always doing that sir...your interest in the subjects show).

Also agree that this one probably won't end up in my hangar anytime soon. I have several awesome Military birds already, and only use them for Fun/Rep flights in AirHauler...don't need another at this time. But I might grab it up if I ever win another Screenshot contest :D

• Like 1